My Dragon Age Origins characters won't appear in Dragon Age Keep

by Stelosnarcos125

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Dragon Age Origins characters won't appear in Dragon Age Keep

★★★★★ Newbie

My characters from Dragon Age: Origins aren't appearing in Dragon Age Keep and can't be part of my Tapestry or World State. What is wrong?

Message 1 of 7 (40,070 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Dragon Age Origins characters won't appear in Dragon Age Keep

Hero

@Stelosnarcos125 Dragon Age Origins no longer uploads its character data (it used to be uploaded to the old Bioware Social site), and it hasn't for quite some time now. So unfortunately, you'll only have access to old characters previously uploaded (if you have any) and the default characters (which you can customise, if you wish. It really makes no difference in game, though).

Sorry I don't have better news for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (41,642 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Stelosnarcos125 Dragon Age Origins no longer uploads its character data (it used to be uploaded to the old Bioware Social site), and it hasn't for quite some time now. So unfortunately, you'll only have access to old characters previously uploaded (if you have any) and the default characters (which you can customise, if you wish. It really makes no difference in game, though).

Sorry I don't have better news for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

Message 2 of 7 (41,643 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I beg to differ. Standard smile

Today I decided to give Inquisition a go, long years after finishing Origins and ignoring II.

Before stumbling upon the news about the character import being abandoned, I executed the steps from http://www.princessstabbity.com/old-bsn-sync-troubleshooting .

Afterwards I got here and found out that all my efforts were for nothing. After some hours I got to the Keep in order to try and get my world history in order (basing on journal from Origins) and I noticed that my mage appeared there and is available to be selected as my character from the first game. Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (39,935 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you check the tapestry to see if your character's choices had actually synced correctly?

When I imported the character I finished DAO with into The Keep, all it seemed to recognize was his name, race, gender, and class.  The choices displayed on the tapestry appear completely random, and have no relation to the choices I actually made in the game.

Message 4 of 7 (39,902 Views)

★★★ Newbie
As far as I understand the idea behind the Keep, the character is the only data that ever was actually synced. I can understand the scale of the problem caused by the need to sync the whole graph of choices, but having to recall my world's story is actually what caused me to abandon Inquisition before it even started. :P
Message 5 of 7 (39,890 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same reasoning here. You'd think that since EA took it over they would be smart enough to keep the function, but alas. That required EA to be smart and not ONLY concerned with profits.
Message 6 of 7 (38,832 Views)

@Crdroxxpl wrote:
Same reasoning here. You'd think that since EA took it over they would be smart enough to keep the function, but alas. That required EA to be smart and not ONLY concerned with profits.

EA have always been responsible for the Dragon Age Keep, so no. and

there wasn't successfully working functionality to upload past progress, so also no.

The point of the Keep is to allow you to track your choices, it's not a save game import engine.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

Message 7 of 7 (38,773 Views)