Re: Missing voice in Awakening

by Persican

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing voice in Awakening

★★ Novice

Hi everyone.

I recently bought Dragon Age Origins - Ultimate Edition. I finished the "origin" part using french voices. I have imported the saved character into the Awakening expansion. The problem I have is that there is no voice actor nor facial animation in the game for other NPC's. Instead, the dialog are written on top of the screen. Note that when I do an action, I can hear the voice of my character. If I load a previous game from "origin", the voices are back. I browsed few forum posts to find a solution without success. Any advice?

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 7 (822 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

May need to re-install the UE completely though a "native French" portal of the EA/Origin. 

While I can't see IP addresses, I presume @Persican is either in a francophone country, or Québec.  And if the latter, things might get tricky when connecting to EA's servers.

[EDIT:  When I first started playing I had the the original DAO retail disc and had the option to select from a long list of languages during the initial install.  I've played DAO in both English and French.  But I noticed that after switching to the EA/Origin install there isn't even an option.  The only language is the one associated with one's EA/Origin account.  Frown ]

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (880 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for the post, that's an odd issue. 

Are you playing Awakening in French or English? So I'm understanding clearly, can you load a default character and hear the voices? Do you use any mods?

To take a wild guess, are you playing on a version of Windows with the language set to English/French, or another language?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you for the quick reply.

1. I do not have any mod installed.
  2. I am playing Awakening in french (but like I said, there is no actor voices, just text over their head when I click to talk to them). 
  3. There is no issue if I play the "origin" game. All voices are ok. The problem is only when importing or creating a new character in Awakening.
  4. Yes, my Windows 10 is in French. But like I said in #3, voices are ok in "origin". So I doubt that it is related to OS languages.

For information, I bought the game on Steam (ultimate version if that can help). 

Regards,

Persican

Message 3 of 7 (800 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you. As for question 3, it was a long shot, but if you were using an OS with a non-latin alphabet that can sometimes have odd issues on older games. If your OS is in French this shouldn't be a factor. 

Are you able to redeem the game code on Origin and test with the Origin version of Awakening?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 7 (788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

May need to re-install the UE completely though a "native French" portal of the EA/Origin. 

While I can't see IP addresses, I presume @Persican is either in a francophone country, or Québec.  And if the latter, things might get tricky when connecting to EA's servers.

[EDIT:  When I first started playing I had the the original DAO retail disc and had the option to select from a long list of languages during the initial install.  I've played DAO in both English and French.  But I noticed that after switching to the EA/Origin install there isn't even an option.  The only language is the one associated with one's EA/Origin account.  Frown ]

Message 5 of 7 (881 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I tested it from Origin platform. The problem is still there.

Message 6 of 7 (774 Views)

★★ Novice

I will try to reinstall it via Origin which is configured in french.

Message 7 of 7 (773 Views)