Missing dll in Dragon Age free download

by dreamer9450

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing dll in Dragon Age free download

★★ Novice

Installed Dragon Age but it won't launch. I get message saying missing PhysXLoader.dll file, Error 0x7E. Tried reinstalling as was suggested, but Origin won't allow that.

Message 1 of 24 (19,750 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing dll in Dragon Age free download

EA Staff

Could you please do a Clean Boot and then run a repair on the game (right click the game tile in Origin client)?

View in thread

Message 2 of 24 (20,943 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Could you please do a Clean Boot and then run a repair on the game (right click the game tile in Origin client)?

Message 2 of 24 (20,944 Views)

★ Novice

You can try to change your UAC settings to the highest settings and then trying the repair, that fixed it for me. The admin here suggest a clean boot then repair but I wanted to avoid that and found that this worked. The UAC thing was suggested to someone who had install problems but I figured it couldn't hurt to try. Here are both links.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Dragon-Age-Origins-wont-finish-install-process/m-p/3718991#U3718991

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/DAO-physxloader-error/m-p/3719449#U3719449

Message 3 of 24 (19,625 Views)

★ Novice

I've had the same problem too. Tried reinstalling and repair game. Neither worked. Went into Dragon Age folder and ran PhysX and it said my driver was newer than the driver i was trying to install.

Message 4 of 24 (17,686 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can you fix this, and put a new download in origin typicall fgt EA

Message 5 of 24 (16,799 Views)

★ Novice

Nothing that the people said in any topics here worked to me... I have instaled a new version of Nvidia Physx, reboot my system, repair the game and all that guys for here has suggested...

Just a few minutes ago, i could fix this problem like i have did in other similar problems: Searching for the missing .dll files in .dll sites on Google, downloading them and puting they together the game .exe (C:\...\Dragon Age\bin_ship).

Now my game is working and i'll go kill some dragons!

Message 6 of 24 (15,675 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried to do as you suggested but all areas are grayed out

Message 7 of 24 (14,864 Views)

★★ Novice

i dont have windows 7 nor do i know how to get to that, i have windows 8 so i dont exactly know how to get to that folder or to open Dragon age as a folder

Message 8 of 24 (14,823 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem, but when i fixed the missing physx.dll file a new problem popped up saying that i was missing a character dll or something, I tried right clicking on the game tile in origin but now it's taking forever just to verify the game files. 

Message 9 of 24 (14,462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ya i tried reinstalling, but just finding the files online actually worked

Message 10 of 24 (13,709 Views)