Re: Lost CD Key for Dragon Age: Origins

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

Lost CD Key for Dragon Age: Origins

★★ Newbie

In about a week, I'm moving out of my parents' house to go to school.  Since I can't take their desktop computer with me, it means I'll have to move all of my games over to my laptop--which isn't a problem, except that I haven't been able to find the CD Key for my copy of DAO for a little over a year now.  I still have the case, but the instruction booklet inside seems to have disappeared without a trace.  I've torn apart my whole house looking for it, to no avail.

I've been hunting around my online profile (located: here), hoping that the CD Key was hidden somewhere in privacy settings, or something, but it's been made clear that this is not the case.

Any help that could be given in finding or replacing my CD Key would be greatly appreciated!  I'd really rather avoid buying a second copy of DAO if I don't have to.

Message 1 of 3 (1,094 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi just find my game dragon age origins and i don't have the cd key no more I can't find the instruction book which I think had the CD key on the back. how can i get a new one.  Is there any thing I can do to play my game?

Message 2 of 3 (1,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

If you registered the game on EA/Origin, your CD-Key ("Product Code") can be seen by right-clicking on the title in your Library and selecting "Game Properties".

If you have the retail disc install, the key can found by using the DAOiriginsConfig utility.  It's one of the elements shown when selecting the "Game" option from the left-side menu list.

Message 3 of 3 (1,036 Views)