I want every Dragon Age version for mac!!!

by nikolaus1974

Original Post

I want every Dragon Age version for mac!!!

★ Novice

Why, oh why is there only Dragon Age 2 available for mac?

it is unbelievable that there is no version of Origin and Inquisition for mac.

i hate to use windows and I refuse to boot camp my mac to a windows version because of all the troubles windows has with bugs, malware, viruses, etcetera.

it also seems that the pc versions of Origin and Inquisistion don't work properly on the boot camp windows, according to many questions I passed by on my search on questions and forums about this topic.

what can I or we mac users do to make these versions available for mac and how can we convince Bioware/EA to make this happen???

We pay, don't we? So why is it impossible for them to make mac versions and why is only Dragon Age 2 available for mac??? I think and have this feeling it's not fair to leave mac users behind. These are nice games, but to follow the stories lines only by reading, isn't very fun now is it?

so...again...what can I or we do to solve this matter?

i already send some questions to them but, the answers are vague and always with some kind of...we-will-not-try-making afford-to make this happen-answer.

I am disappointed. 

Message 1 of 4 (776 Views)

Re: I want every Dragon Age version for mac!!!

Hero

Dragon Age Origins used to be available for Mac. It was published by TransGaming but they went out of business and all of their games were abandoned as a result.

Dragon Age Inquisition runs on the Frostbite 3 Engine which hasn't been ported to Mac, likely because mainstream Macs don't meet the games' recommended system requirements. Macs that would be able to run this game well would be iMac Pro's and better, which are very expensive for average consumers. I assume there isn't enough of a market to justify the cost of making a port.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (764 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have all of the dragon ages on origin for pc and now I have a mac. I would love to have this on Mac - when will the others be available?

Message 3 of 4 (618 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@cjones13; They won't.  See @Fred_vdp's reply above your post.

N.B. The AHQ is a player-to-player site.  No one from BioWare is reading, much less posting, anything here.

Message 4 of 4 (589 Views)