I CAN'T RETRIEVE MY DAO CODE FROM THE BIOWARE SOCIAL NETWORK.

by nonners

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I CAN'T RETRIEVE MY DAO CODE FROM THE BIOWARE SOCIAL NETWORK.

★ Novice

I am trying to reinstall Dragon Age Origins, but I don't have the CD case/registration code.

However, I did register the game on the Bioware Social Network. When I go to "register games", it gives me these options:

Dragon Age Origins - PC

Dragon Age: Origins is a dark heroic fantasy set in a unique world. As the spiritual successor of BioWare's popular Baldur's Gate series of games, it uses a pause-and-play tactical combat system. This is the PC version.

However, I cannot seem to find the actual registration code that would enable me to reinstall the game. There is no way for me to find the old game files - this is a brand new computer and the old one is dead. Can anyone tell me how to find the registration code so I can access the game and all the extras I have bought/downloaded?
Message 1 of 2 (1,802 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I CAN'T RETRIEVE MY DAO CODE FROM THE BIOWARE SOCIAL NETWORK.

★★★★★ Expert

Correct.  You cannot (and never could) retrieve your CD-Keys from the "current incarnation" of the BSN.

Once upon a time (and I was active on the BioWare Boards then) you could actually see all the codes you'd registered, but that changed about the time BioWare accounts were merged into "EA Accounts".

What you can do is contact an EA Game Advisor.  They are the only people who can access your account from the back-end and see what's going on.  Presuming your games really are registered, they can walk you through the re-installation process.  But be advised, they may only be able to authorize your EA/Origin account to download and install the game all over again. 

When that's done, you can see the CD-Key (now called the "Product Code") by clicking the "i"nformation link for the game from within "Origin -> My Games".

See the NOTICE at the top-right of every forum:

=======================================

Announcements

For any account maintenance, persona assistance or code related queries, please Contact Us using the Help Center.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,908 Views)

All Replies

Re: I CAN'T RETRIEVE MY DAO CODE FROM THE BIOWARE SOCIAL NETWORK.

★★★★★ Expert

Correct.  You cannot (and never could) retrieve your CD-Keys from the "current incarnation" of the BSN.

Once upon a time (and I was active on the BioWare Boards then) you could actually see all the codes you'd registered, but that changed about the time BioWare accounts were merged into "EA Accounts".

What you can do is contact an EA Game Advisor.  They are the only people who can access your account from the back-end and see what's going on.  Presuming your games really are registered, they can walk you through the re-installation process.  But be advised, they may only be able to authorize your EA/Origin account to download and install the game all over again. 

When that's done, you can see the CD-Key (now called the "Product Code") by clicking the "i"nformation link for the game from within "Origin -> My Games".

See the NOTICE at the top-right of every forum:

Announcements

For any account maintenance, persona assistance or code related queries, please Contact Us using the Help Center.

Message 2 of 2 (1,909 Views)