Help with the Update.

by Prophet398

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help with the Update.

★★★★ Novice

As stated above, I need help. The update on Bioware social network for Dragon Age Origins won't download. It opens the corresponding page to allow the download, but it stops before it can begin downloading. All I want is the update and for some reason can't get it. And for all those out there, I do not have it on Steam or Origins, I have it on disk.

Message 1 of 7 (656 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help with the Update.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Just because you have it on-disc doesn't mean that you can repair it through EA/Origin. Your CD-Key is the "Product Code" that Origin asks for when adding the game to your library.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (716 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Just because you have it on-disc doesn't mean that you can repair it through EA/Origin. Your CD-Key is the "Product Code" that Origin asks for when adding the game to your library.

Message 2 of 7 (717 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well here is the thing I bought this game from an independent seller. The original code had been used and is invalid, therefore I found a free one online so I could download the game off the disk. I heard there was an update to the game and wanted to download it. If I need to have the registration key to download it then that means I have to buy the game all over again. I have had a problem before with the key. When I bought the game I already spoke to an EA employee about my situation about the key and they could not help me. Since I bought it from an independent seller I was doomed from the beginning, for they can't give the key away freely. As you can see that would create more problems for them and they didn't want that. A the moment it looks like I have to wait till I buy a new code from them to get the update. I thank you for your help. 

P.S. I like how you signed your comment at the end, so I will start doing it too. It adds a certain element to the comment, the word escapes me, but nonetheless, thank you for your help.

-- Prophet

Message 3 of 7 (624 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok I will be buying a new code soon so this problem will be solved, so I will just hit solved so no one just keeps seeing it on the unsolved list.

-- Prophet

Message 4 of 7 (587 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

If the CD-key you bought was legitimate, and you registered the game through your Origin account when you installed/activated it, then the code will be displayed when you right-click on the game title in your Origin Library and select "Game Properties".  (Any version that is not registered to your account via Origin is not legal, and can't be updated through the normal/legitimate process.)

Message 5 of 7 (568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I bought the game off of Amazon from an independent seller, and the code was from a youtube video. And I did not register my game on Bioware. Plus when I did try it was an invalid code or used. I wasn't complaining I could still play the game, just without all the dlc. So I am gonna buy a new code.

--Prophet

Message 6 of 7 (552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert
Oh, now I understand. Effectively, you were sold "damaged goods".

More recent games require on-line registration to activate them before you can play for the first time, so you would have known there was a problem right then.
Message 7 of 7 (546 Views)