Gamertag / PSN ID and EA Origin account / BSN account - Connection & Changes

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

Gamertag / PSN ID and EA Origin account / BSN account - Connection & Changes

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Here some useful information about your Gamertag / PSN ID and your EA Origin account.

The first thing you need to know is that you BioWare Social Network account is an EA Origin account.

You can always see which Gamertags / PSN IDs are linked to your account on https://profile.ea.com - My Account.

Your Gamertag/PSN ID and EA Account should be correctly linked when you first access an EA game online. However, if the email address for your Gamertag/PSN ID is different than the address for your Origin account, you will require assistance to properly link them. This can be done by contacting an EA Game Advisor. Please include your Gamertag/PSN ID and the e-mail address for your EA account.

You may be having trouble importing your XBox Live Gamertag or Playstation Network info if it is linked to an account other than your main EA account. To recover or make changes to your XBox Live Gamertag or PSN ID, be sure to contact a game advisor.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 1 of 7 (41,923 Views)

Re: Gamertag / PSN ID and EA Origin account / BSN account - Connection & Cha

★★★ Newbie

This doesn't work for the social.bioware.com site. All I got was someone telling me that it was playstations fault and then hung up on me.

Message 2 of 7 (40,366 Views)

★★ Novice

I had somewhat of the same issue myself, when i created a Origins account years ago for the DA origins game i had the same email but a different charater name because i trashed my ps3 and never transfered all of my saved data from ps3 to ps4 so i ended up with two different user ID's and one origins account. Frown Still tring to figure out what to do.

Message 3 of 7 (39,456 Views)

★ Apprentice

2 years later and still have the same problem. I contacted the EA Customer Advisor and they pretty much said all I can do is post here... WTF. There HAS to be some fix for these issues... Anyone know of a solution besides the one listed???

Message 4 of 7 (37,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There isn't.  I just talked to an EA Advisor and they straight up said that they aren't allowed to add old gamertags because of some BS reason.  I feel bad for the advisor that was meant to help me because the only thing he was allowed to say was that I was * outta luck (paraphrased of course).  EA needs to get on this so that I don't feel like I wasted $100 when this game first game out.

Message 5 of 7 (34,162 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Message 6 of 7 (33,960 Views)

★★★ Newbie

oki

Message 7 of 7 (9,276 Views)