Re: Game Crashes When Returning to the Circle Tower

by Enshea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Crashes When Returning to the Circle Tower

★★★ Novice

I am playing on the downloaded Origins platform, and Ive played the game before and have not run into this issue previously.

After speaking to Collin to fairy across to the circle tower, during the load screen, the game crashes. Not sure why. EA Help wont let me send in a chat request so I am hoping to find some help here.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (1,755 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@ThandalNLymanThank you very much for your reply. I have not updated my video or sound drivers for a bit, and they are the same as when I previously played the game so I am not thinking this is the culpret.  I can try the windowed vs full screen mode though, see if that helps!

I must also note that I -AM- using mods. This being said, Ive played the game previously with these same mods and dont remember having this issue when returning to the circle tower!  Given your advice before, I can try to remove the mods and see if I can progress.

I am not familiar with the repair tool, unfortunately.

UPDATE:  Removing all mods allowed progression. Now, to isolate the problem. Thanks for your help!

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (2,366 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@HellsChaos1; Not sure what may be causing this for you, but others with similarly inexplicable CtDs have reported success by doing one of the following (presuming you aren't running any mods, and presuming you have already tried the "Repair"option in EA/Origin):

a. Update (or roll-back!) your video driver. (This is always the first thing to check.  And if things used to work but you recently updated it, it's worth checking if the previous one is better for you.)

b. Reduce resolution setting to the minimum until passed the problem spot.

c. Reduce graphics settings to the minimum until passed the problem spot

d. If currently set to play with "Full-Screen", switch to "Windowed" until passed the problem spot.

e. It sounds weird, but check for an updated SOUND card driver.  Some CtDs are triggered of specific combinations of VFX+SFX.  (Especially since GPU driver updates now include HDMI audio drivers, even if you don't want to use 'em.)

Message 2 of 6 (1,739 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@ThandalNLymanThank you very much for your reply. I have not updated my video or sound drivers for a bit, and they are the same as when I previously played the game so I am not thinking this is the culpret.  I can try the windowed vs full screen mode though, see if that helps!

I must also note that I -AM- using mods. This being said, Ive played the game previously with these same mods and dont remember having this issue when returning to the circle tower!  Given your advice before, I can try to remove the mods and see if I can progress.

UPDATE:  Removing all mods allowed progression. Now, to isolate the problem. Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 6 (2,367 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@HellsChaos1 wrote:

<snip>

It isn't a "tool", so much as an "option".  Open your game Library in EA/Origin and right-click on the game title.  Select "Repair", and it will check that all of your game's files are correct/current/patched.

Message 4 of 6 (1,642 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks again.

Removing the mods allowed progression.

Message 5 of 6 (1,640 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just saying, I know this was resolved but I kept crashing at the beginning of the game because I had this thing in settings that required low FPS to work and it tried to make it have low FPS so I removed that and the crashes stopped happening

Message 6 of 6 (1,457 Views)