Re: Frozen Game - Origins Ultimate Edition

by Player_65gdqg5n

Original Post

Frozen Game - Origins Ultimate Edition

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was wondering if there is anyone who can assist with an issue I am having with PS3 Dragon Age: Origins.

I got the Ultimate Edition (with all DLCs/extras) but I am completely stuck. I spent forever on my character creation (she is hot as hell!) so I would prefer to not have to start again from scratch.

I am right at the beginning when you have to do the Joining Ritual to join the Grey Wardens. Duncan gives a little preamble and then Alistair quotes the ritual words. This is all a cutscene. When Alistair finishes speaking, there is a loading screen which (I assume) takes you back to active play. But mine sticks here. The Loading... remains on the screen with Alistair's face but it never goes any further than that.

I have restarted the system roughly 7 times to try again - but it happens every single time in the exact same spot. I went and finished a tiny side quest to see if that shook things up, but no change. There are no other current quests and it appears that I won't be able to get any more until after joining (effectively my game will never be able to progress at all from this point). I left it on that screen overnight (about 9 hours) and it was still stuck this morning

I also seem to have DLC issues. I installed them all manually after installing the game (for once I wanted to begin with everything!) and they all showed up on the game menu before I created my character. After I had quit the game and went back to play on another day, it was telling me that there is downloadable content available - Return to Ostagar and the Feastday gifts/pranks combo. I thought that perhaps I had somehow missed them so I installed them again. It picked them up and I continued to play until I hit the issue mentioned above. Then it reverted to "downloadable content available". I installed again and then the same thing happened after I quit and restarted to see if I could get past the freezing issue. I could not and now those two addons keep following that same cycle. 

Is my game completely broken with the need to uninstall everything and start from scratch?! Frown I am so disappointed because I was really excited to finally get this game during a closing down sale!

Message 1 of 2 (345 Views)

Re: Frozen Game - Origins Ultimate Edition

★★★ Newbie

Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I purposefully did not reinstall the addons as it was suggested that this might assist me in getting past this issue. Saved game won't load without addons. Started a new character (just a quickie) to test if it happened to that one as well. Chose different race, etc. This time it didn't even get that far. As soon as I hit Play after character creation, the screen went black and there is the sound of fire crackling in the background. The same fire crackling that is in the background when frozen on Alistair's face during the initial issue mentioned in my OP. I don't know what to do because I can't ask for a replacement disc as I bought the game a few months ago at a closing down sale for the only game store in my region! Frown 

Message 2 of 2 (327 Views)