Dragonage Origins Ultimate Edition Serial Key 16 Digits not 20, EA online support crap.

by mbgm8ts3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragonage Origins Ultimate Edition Serial Key 16 Digits not 20, EA online support crap.

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I followed the advice of other posts on this forum to contact EA live help regarding the serial key from a retailer GAME (UK) that is 16 digits not 20. I didn't want to spam the forums. However the post that says solved most certainly is not.

I contacted live help and Madhur the advisor said that EA do not support this type of problem and that I should go back to my retailer. So...I went back to the retailer and explained it. they said that they games are sealed and that the CD codes are the responsibility of the publisher EA. They gave me a replacement game but this also had the same 16 digit code problem.

I then went back to the online chat and got Madhur again who basically said sorry not our problem speak to your retailer or ring up EA customer help. What a waste of space this guy was. Below is the transcript. Whilst I know nothing can come of this post in terms of getting the game working. I thought I'd share it as an example of how sometimes EA are literally the bane of the world, the source of all evil and the harbinger of the end of civilisation as we know it.

MadhurThanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Madhur. How may I assist you today?

you Hi, I recently bought a sealed copy of dragonage origins from GAME in the UK, the installer asks for a twenty digits code but the printed code on the EA manual only has a 16 digit code. I have been back to GAME store and they said this is a EA problem and provided me with another copy of the game which has the exact same problem, I would like a replacement twenty digit code so that I can install the game.

MadhurI suppose you contacted the same guy you contacted earlier regarding Incomplete code bought from Store Other than Origin. While We do not provide support for that as told to you before. I suggest you Call our Phone support for further help. Or try reaching your Retailer.
youThe retailer says they buy the games sealed from you and have no power over the codes in the box. All the support staff on your forums say to contact this service for a solution now you are sayign contact someone else. This is rubbish. How can you not support your own product?

youThis is not good enough other forum members have received solutions from this service so why is this any different?

youAlso the EA telephone service is not open to day in the UK; so i've bought a game that will never work because you are saying EA do not take responsibility for their own products?

Madhur+44 870 243 2435 English (UK): 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday

youToday is Sunday
You are not currently in a chat session.

Message 1 of 6 (4,611 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragonage Origins Ultimate Edition Serial Key 16 Digits not 20, EA online support crap.

★★★ Newbie

I do not have a case file number! Apologies.

Just an update to this situation.

After direct contact with an EA customer representative I'm pleased to say I now have full access to Dragon Origins Ultimate with no issues what so ever. Whilst it was frustration at first the personal service from 'Jess' at EA was great and I'm pleased to say I can retract my previous statements on EA commitment to customers and instead just say the Madhur was a bit of a d*ck.

Thanks again for the resolution. Confusedmileyhappy:

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (4,865 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dragonage Origins Ultimate Edition Serial Key 16 Digits not 20, EA online support crap.

★★★★★ Expert

@mbgm8ts3;

Madhur is an idiot.  This is a known problem, limited to a specific retailer's stock.  I've passed a link to your post to some EA Staff I know, but in the meantime I would recommend that you open a new case with a new Advisor.  I've seen/heard of this being fixed quickly and easily.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 6 (4,559 Views)

Community Manager

mbgm8ts3, do you have a case number for me please, so that I can have someone look into the chat logs?

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 3 of 6 (4,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I do not have a case file number! Apologies.

Just an update to this situation.

After direct contact with an EA customer representative I'm pleased to say I now have full access to Dragon Origins Ultimate with no issues what so ever. Whilst it was frustration at first the personal service from 'Jess' at EA was great and I'm pleased to say I can retract my previous statements on EA commitment to customers and instead just say the Madhur was a bit of a d*ck.

Thanks again for the resolution. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 4 of 6 (4,866 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem. I contacted with the support on live chat, a guy named Gyan helped me, gave me a valid code. The whole problem took about 30 minutes.

Message 5 of 6 (4,233 Views)

Re: Dragonage Origins Ultimate Edition Serial Key 16 Digits not 20, EA online support **bleep**.

★★ Novice

Good evening,

Being in France, I bought just like some of you the Ultimate Edition of Dragon Age Origins, and just like some of you, I only got a 16 digits long code: one for the game, one for the DLCs.

Understand that since no one in the French service has been able to help me in any way so far (to be accurate, no one dared to answer me), I am still looking for a solution to get a code that is long enough. Please, if anyone is able to help me here, I'm begging for your help, my holidays are short enough and I would love to have the time to play and finish Dragon Age Origins and all of its add-ons.

I also have a case number.

Have a good evening,

Wantthisone.

Message 6 of 6 (2,184 Views)