Dragon age origins ultimate edition CRASHING PLEASE HELP MEEE

by PetroniusProwler

Original Post

Re: Dragon age origins ultimate edition CRASHING PLEASE HELP MEEE

★★★★ Novice

I put texture detail to the lowest setting and the crashes stopped Standard smile its just sad that the game looks ugly now Frown

Message 11 of 45 (145,828 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, sorry to necro this, but I'm having the same stupid issue. My PC is wayyyy overkill for this game (i7-4390/32GB DDR3/GTX 1080/Samsung EVO 850 SSD) and I'm crashing constantly, to the point where I can't even load saves in Denerim without just having a CTD. When I did as ppsgr81 did and lowered all my graphical settings to minimum, game runs fine. Makes no sense, as my machine should be able to play this game at max settings in it's sleep. 

Anyone else ever had this issue and found a solution that doesn't make the game look like garbage? 

Message 12 of 45 (51,685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I realize this is and old topic and an old reply, but I have not seen the fix for this problem being suggested by EA and this topic comes up top when Googling the problem. I had the same problem which was 'fixed' by setting video settings low.

If you have a 4gb ram videocard, this may be the source of the crashes.

Download the 4GB patch (you can google or just download this http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php), after unzipping it, run it and select the daorigins.exe. This fixed it for me, I can now play with high settings.

I hope this will still help someone!

Message 13 of 45 (51,425 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

grear Job man. Thanks.

Message 14 of 45 (51,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks man, the virtual mem expand did the trick for me. Appreciate you sharing.

Message 15 of 45 (50,706 Views)

★★★ Novice
Oh my god, yes this helped!!! Thank you!!!
Message 16 of 45 (49,984 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I was having the same issues and I downloaded the 4gb patch. However the game won't launch anymore. I tried to run it as admin, to launch it via Origin, then via the exe file but nothing is working.... 

Does anyone have a solution?

Message 17 of 45 (49,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Elycroft wrote:

Hi,

I was having the same issues and I downloaded the 4gb patch. However the game won't launch anymore. I tried to run it as admin, to launch it via Origin, then via the exe file but nothing is working.... 

Does anyone have a solution?

You mean you used the 4GB "hak"?

Sounds like you did something wrong.  While totally unofficial and unsupported, I've been using that for years on both the base game (to postpone the inevitable area loading slooooowdown) and the Toolset (so I can edit those huge .das files from late in the game.)

Which version are you using, and what steps did you follow?

Message 18 of 45 (48,653 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you very much man. The 4gb patch helped me! Standard smile

Message 19 of 45 (48,507 Views)

★★ Novice

I just searched my whole PC for dragonage.exe and.. can't find it!

anyone know which file thread it should be in?

Message 20 of 45 (48,349 Views)