Dragon Age Origins does not let me log in

by capnxmas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Origins does not let me log in

★★★ Newbie

When I try to log in on my new PC (so I can get all my DLC on it), Dragon Age Origins seems unresponsive. I typed in all my correct info, clicked the Log in button and something briefly pops up and disappears (I think it says checking Dragon Age Origins Servers). So I can't log in at all, what's going on?

Message 1 of 19 (30,765 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Origins does not let me log in

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

If anybody is still having the specific issue mentioned in OP, I found a solution that fixed it for me. The problem was having a symbol in my password, believe it or not. I changed my Origin password to have no symbols (#,$,%, etc.) and was able to log in without issue.

View in thread

Message 8 of 19 (35,269 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

same issue

Message 2 of 19 (30,705 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i can log in but the ingame store is missing and i can download my game content

Message 3 of 19 (30,699 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Disable "Sync with cloud".  (At least until everything else is working properly.)

NOTE:  There is an on-line storage limit of 100MB per game title for your Saves.

DAO Save-sets can easily grow to exceed this, (I have characters with over 1GB of saves each.)

Once you've reached the limit, yhou won't get an error mesage, but your saves don't store properly and cannont be used.

Due to this problem I've disabled "Sync with cloud" for all games, and make my own back-ups.

Message 4 of 19 (30,692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@xsvrrx wrote:

i can log in but the ingame store is missing and i can download my game content

@xsrrx;  Your issue is obviously completely different from the OP's.  Please start you own topic and provide more details about your situation (system specs, install type, etc.)

Message 5 of 19 (30,691 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having this problem too. I try to log in, "Contacting Dragon Age servers" appears for a moment then goes away and leaves me logged out.

Turning off cloud sync didn't fix it, and I'm having the same issue whether I installed the game through Origin or my physical retail copy. Game is up to date and is allowed by my firewall. I even tried turning off my firewall completely but that didn't help either. I'm at a loss.

Message 6 of 19 (30,674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Here the popup message says something like "System error. Try to connect to the EA servers later." (got the german version). When I enter a wrong password the server gives an accordingly different message => it's no problem of a wrong password/authentication.

No difference if I play Origins or Awakening of course and it's the same on my old PC.

Message 7 of 19 (30,673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

If anybody is still having the specific issue mentioned in OP, I found a solution that fixed it for me. The problem was having a symbol in my password, believe it or not. I changed my Origin password to have no symbols (#,$,%, etc.) and was able to log in without issue.

Message 8 of 19 (35,270 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me too. Removed the "_" from my password, and it connected right away.

Message 9 of 19 (30,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow. This was driving me up the wall. Thanks OnionXI!

Message 10 of 19 (30,308 Views)