Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition Upgrade?

by BenTheHun1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition Upgrade?

★★ Novice

I recently purchased Dragon Age: Origins, with no dlc. I was interested in getting some dlc, and saw that the Ultimate Edition was cheaper than Awakenings + the other DLC. If I purchase the Ultimate edition, will it 'upgrade' my standard copy?

Message 1 of 4 (2,305 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition Upgrade?

Community Manager

@BenTheHun1 Yep it should be a pseudo-upgrade. You'll technically have 2 copies of the base game, but the system should be able to deal with that, and you'll have your DLC too. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,817 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@BenTheHun1 Yep it should be a pseudo-upgrade. You'll technically have 2 copies of the base game, but the system should be able to deal with that, and you'll have your DLC too. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (2,818 Views)

★★★ Newbie

if i buy this game in steam, i can stil upgrade it? because steam has not have dlcs and bioware points system is not working anymore.

Message 3 of 4 (2,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@rayearth288 wrote:

if i buy this game in steam, i can stil upgrade it? because steam has not have dlcs and bioware points system is not working anymore.

If you buy the Ultimate Edition in Steam yes you'll have all the DLC. The Ultimate Edition includes everything in the download even on Steam so you wouldn't need to deal with the BioWare Social Network.

There is sometimes a small issue with Steam's installation process for this game though (I know through encountering it myself and answering many questions about it on Steam's forums).

Steam doesn't always run a specific .exe file that it's supposed to run, this file adds all the DLC to an "addins.xml" file so the game itself knows they are there and Steam not running it causes the DLC to not show up in-game. Running the file manually that Steam is supposed to run fixes that though.

• After installing the game in Steam, run the game so Steam finishes the installation then exit again.
  • Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dragon Age Ultimate Edition\redist (or wherever you install your game)
  • Run the DAOU_UpdateAddinsXML_Steam.exe and DAUServiceSetup_Steam.exe
  • Your DLC should then be enabled and working in-game then
Message 4 of 4 (2,116 Views)