Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition Incorrect Registration Code

by jessej1996

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition Incorrect Registration Code

★★ Newbie

Just bought Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition discs for PC and can't install. It says that the serial number I have is wrong. I know that some people have had issues with the code being too short. This is not the case in my situation. The code is long enough, I'm entering it correctly, but it will not allow me to install. Please help. Standard smile

Message 1 of 14 (7,643 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition Incorrect Registration Code

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Reaper-N7A;

a.  It doesn't matter if your install is via Origin, Steam, GOG, or retail disc.  Mods for Dragon Age all work just fine.

b. The only people who can resolve an issue with your CD-Key/Product Code are the EA Game Advisors, and I'll wager they'll only be able to authorize the game to your Origin account anyway...  Which you seem to be saying is already done and you can play the game that way.

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (6,749 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Bought a new physical copy of the Ultimate Edition, used the additional content code to claim the DLC with no problems, then went to install the game. Got asked for the "registration code" which I assumed was the code from the back of the manual (although it is stated as the "serial number" rather than the registration code) and it wouldn't work, saying the code was invalid. Tried registering on the bioware social network and got the same result. Looked through all other packaging content and no other code is included. Curiously after entering the manual code as a redeem product code on the EA customer portal it is showing the game in my origin game list, but I still can't install the game from either disk. Any help would be welcomed.

Message 2 of 14 (7,526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You've described my problem exactly.   I keep getting the 'invalid registration code' error, and I know I'm using the correct supplied code.

Message 3 of 14 (7,456 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Try starting the installation from EA/Origin. 

Log-in to your account (the one with the game registered to it). Once you've passed the "Release Date" and "Valid Code" checks you can stop, disable your network connection, then continue the installation from the retail disc.

It's a pain, I know.  But it works.

Message 4 of 14 (7,443 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, sorry for this, but how do i do that? Every disc install runs through the auto run which asks for my "invalid" key. It's getting really annoying that I bought a game on disk so I didn't have to download it, just to find that for some reason the auto run doesn't even accept the key I've been given...

Message 5 of 14 (7,118 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

If the (correct/legal) Product Code ("CD-Key") isn't being accepted by the installation/registration process, you'll have to contact an EA Game Advisor.

They are the only people who can assist with issues related to accounts, purchases, refunds, or entitlements.

You can reach them at help.ea.com/contact-us.

Provide the Game, Issue ("Topic"), Platform, and select "Contact Us" (not "AHQ").

ProTips:
1. Be at your gaming rig.
2. Be logged-on to your EA/Origin account (unless that's the problem, obviously.)
3. Be able to spend 10-30 minutes "on hold" before reaching someone.

Good Luck!  Nerd

Message 6 of 14 (7,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know I'm a few years late to this, and probably this thread and users are no longer active. On 2017 I have the same problem. I have DA:O Ultimate edition on XBOX. wanted to try it on PC only to explore the different mods people have built. Unfortunately the game I bought was from the UK and I have stumbled into this EA/Bioware fiasco where the serial number in the game manual is wrong. I can play it in EA's origin but that complicates things as I'm not sure if it allows the install of mods. I just want the damn installer to accept my serial so i can install it like legacy Dragon Age. I have Mass Effect 2 running like it's supposed to and mods installed too. Anyone knows of a way to solve this, EA's customer support is a joke.

Message 7 of 14 (6,760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Reaper-N7A;

a.  It doesn't matter if your install is via Origin, Steam, GOG, or retail disc.  Mods for Dragon Age all work just fine.

b. The only people who can resolve an issue with your CD-Key/Product Code are the EA Game Advisors, and I'll wager they'll only be able to authorize the game to your Origin account anyway...  Which you seem to be saying is already done and you can play the game that way.

Message 8 of 14 (6,750 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi!

Do you know any direct email to the ea/origin support?
I reported the problem on the origin surface, the answer arrives that the case is resolved. But in the reality, my problem still exists.
I bought the ultimate edition pack, intact dvd, and the cd key is not correct

Message 9 of 14 (6,206 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @GereMarton75

When reporting the issue via EA Help, make sure to not choose the "Report a bug" option. Such emails are going to a special queue and we're not replying to them. I'm sorry for the confusion caused by this.

For the problems with codes redemption I can recommend picking up the "Codes and promotions" topic and then "Invalid code" as an issue.

/Ataashi

Message 10 of 14 (5,902 Views)