by JonahFalcon

Original Post

My dlc's says unauthorized

★★★ Newbie

unable to play any of my dlc's in DA:origins ultimate

Message 11 of 28 (10,375 Views)

Re: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition: DLC not authorized

★★★ Newbie

Check this help page out from help.ea.com. This solved my problem when my DLC that came with my Ultimate Edition wouldn't be authorised.

https://help.ea.com/article/my-dragon-age-origins-dlc-is-unauthorized-or-not-there

I opened Run -> services.msc and then changed DO:A to "automatic". That made the DLC authorised. I noticed that some times I would have to re-do it, like a week later, as my DLC again became un-authorised.

Message 12 of 28 (10,157 Views)

★ Novice

I have done this and it still will not allow me to get to the areas, they say it will be marked on the map but nothing shows up. I find it unbelieveble that they EA would make this so difficult.

Message 13 of 28 (9,542 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@bilyboy86 wrote:

it still will not allow me to get to the areas, they say it will be marked on the map but nothing shows up.

This topic is about DLCs not installing properly. It seems you are referring to an in-game issue? Can you explain your issue in more details? 

Message 14 of 28 (9,537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I added the DO:O DLC code to my Origin account, but they are not appearing as authourised when I launch my game 

I have tried refreshing the games list in Origin and the "RequiresAuthorization="0"" fix but neither have worked unfortunately.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated 

Message 15 of 28 (9,516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Iniquitous221 wrote:

I added the DO:O DLC code to my Origin account, but they are not appearing as authourised when I launch my game 

I have tried refreshing the games list in Origin and the "RequiresAuthorization="0"" fix but neither have worked unfortunately.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated 

Beyond pointing you to this topic: "[SOLUTIONS] UNAUTHORIZED DLC or MISSING DLC", which is pinned to the top of this forum, there's nothing anyone here can do for you.  The AHQ is for "player-to-player" technical self-help.

We're all just fellow gamers, doin' the best we can.

You need official support from the EA Game Advisors, as explained in the NOTICE at the top of every forum:

=========================================

Announcements

For any account maintenance, persona assistance or code related queries, please Contact Us using the Help Center.

=========================================

Message 16 of 28 (9,513 Views)

★ Novice

The solution I was given was to edit the Required Authorization from "1" to "0". I did this and the content was made available but when you play the game and the character says he will mark on the map this does not happen. I still believe that EA has made this to difficult, you pay for something you cannot use.

For gamers it is frustrating that we have to reprogram to use your product. 

Message 17 of 28 (9,502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The solution is to go to the Bioware Social Network (https://social.bioware.com) and login using your Origin account and then hover over "Profile" and select Redeem Promo Code from the drop-down that appears.  Enter your "Entitlement Code" for the Ultimate Edition there and it should then give you all the DLC extras.  I had the same "internal error" for my Mac version of DOA:Ultimate and this solved my problem.  All my DLC is now authorized when I run the game.  It also worked for Dragon Age II the same way.

The only one that remains unauthorized is a "Collector's Edition" Promo that I'm not even sure belongs with the Ultimate Edition.  It may have been from my original PC version of the original game.  I'm not sure why it's not authorized or if it was something that the Deluxe version had to authorize during the failed "internal error" install.  In any case, it's just 3 items you get at some point in the game.  All the really important content (extra missions, locations and other items are now authorized and available.  I also noticed all the stuff I bought for my PC version a couple of years ago were immediately available to the Mac Ultimate version as well). 

Message 18 of 28 (7,891 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you. It's ridiculous we have to do this considering we've already paid for the game and dlc, and fully expect said game and dlc to just work.

Message 19 of 28 (7,723 Views)

★★ Novice

Rediculous is a good word.  I've avoided all these online services up until now, and now on my first game using origin...

I have to setup/login/register origin, gamefly, bioware social network, ea answer HQ, and in-game login....   I'd have picked a shorter password if I knew how much I'd have to be logging in.  So what does this get me for my troubles?  The official online installer through Origin installs this outdated bugged version and I have to dig around through forums to figure out that there's a patch that I can download and apply. (and the 1.05 patch did work for me).

Why isn't the latest patch installed when I install this game through the Origin service?

Message 20 of 28 (7,657 Views)