Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition: DLC not authorized

by JonahFalcon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition: DLC not authorized

★★★★ Novice

Once again, I have to re-install Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition on my new desktop, and once again, the game refuses to believe any of my content is authorized.

Again.

Message 1 of 22 (36,150 Views)

Re: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition: DLC not authorized

Has the game been updated to the latest patch?

http://social.bioware.com/page/da-patches

- SD -
Message 2 of 22 (36,077 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Locate AddIns.xml in "C:/Users/(Username)/Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age/Settings" and edit it using WordPad or any XML editor. Replace all RequiresAuthorization="1" with RequiresAuthorization="0"

Message 3 of 22 (36,075 Views)

Unlocking the additional content packs

★★★ Newbie

Hi.

I bought Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition, then I installed it, activated it on Origin and on BioWare Social Network but I can't unlock the additional content packs. While I'm in game DLC menu I see that they(DLC) are installed but unauthorized. I only have one account on BioWare Social Network and when I try to redeem promo code it says: Code not recognized, please check that you have entered it correctly. I entered the code on all possible way that I could imagine and it still doesn't' work. I also try the code on Origin where it worked, but I still can't play the DLCs. Please help.

Message 4 of 22 (36,063 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you. Now I can actually play. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 5 of 22 (36,052 Views)

Re: Unlocking the additional content packs

★★★★ Newbie
Install Patch 1.05 from the Bioware forum. That's what worked for me.
Message 6 of 22 (36,055 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i changed it and still no luck

Message 7 of 22 (35,903 Views)

DLC Unauthoriced

★★★★ Novice

Hi, i'm having problems with the Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition i downloaded from Origin. I was able to finish all the download and install the game, but when checking the DLC content, i see all of it downloaded but unauthoriced, except for the expansion set The Awakening, and the message is always that i need to log in with the account with which all the DLC's were downloaded, which is the same one i'm using. I checked and went through all the info you gave out in the webpage, but nothing works.

Message 8 of 22 (35,797 Views)

Re: DLC Unauthoriced

★★★★ Novice

Try logging into the Origin program that you downloaded. Once logged in, refresh the game list then launch the game from the Origin window.

Message 9 of 22 (35,784 Views)

Authorizing dlc

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

Recently I bought Dragon age origins the ultimate edition from origin,

but the dlc is showing as enabled but unauthorized, how can I authorize the dlc for my account?

When I try to redeem the code I got with the ultimate edition on the bioware redeem promo code page/ register game page, I get an error message saying I either typed it incorrectly or its unavailable.

(edit: code removed for security reasons)

Please help me find the solution to this issue.

Thanks in advance

BlackWolf8919

Message 10 of 22 (35,597 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Locate AddIns.xml in "C:/Users/(Username)/Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age/Settings" and edit it using WordPad or any XML editor. Replace all RequiresAuthorization="1" with RequiresAuthorization="0"

How to slay monsters and make friends

BioWare's helpful guide for tackling Dragon Age: Inquisition Mulitplayer

View More

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com