Re: Unlocking the additional content packs

by rsgreyhammer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition: DLC not authorized

★★★★ Novice

Once again, I have to re-install Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition on my new desktop, and once again, the game refuses to believe any of my content is authorized.

Again.

Message 1 of 28 (72,675 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition: DLC not authorized

★★ Apprentice

Locate AddIns.xml in "C:/Users/(Username)/Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age/Settings" and edit it using WordPad or any XML editor. Replace all RequiresAuthorization="1" with RequiresAuthorization="0"

View in thread

Message 3 of 28 (81,219 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
Install Patch 1.05 from the Bioware forum. That's what worked for me.

View in thread

Message 6 of 28 (81,198 Views)

All Replies

Has the game been updated to the latest patch?

http://social.bioware.com/page/da-patches

SD Signature Banner

Message 2 of 28 (72,537 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Locate AddIns.xml in "C:/Users/(Username)/Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age/Settings" and edit it using WordPad or any XML editor. Replace all RequiresAuthorization="1" with RequiresAuthorization="0"

Message 3 of 28 (81,220 Views)

Unlocking the additional content packs

★★★ Newbie

Hi.

I bought Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition, then I installed it, activated it on Origin and on BioWare Social Network but I can't unlock the additional content packs. While I'm in game DLC menu I see that they(DLC) are installed but unauthorized. I only have one account on BioWare Social Network and when I try to redeem promo code it says: Code not recognized, please check that you have entered it correctly. I entered the code on all possible way that I could imagine and it still doesn't' work. I also try the code on Origin where it worked, but I still can't play the DLCs. Please help.

Message 4 of 28 (72,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you. Now I can actually play. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 5 of 28 (72,514 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
Install Patch 1.05 from the Bioware forum. That's what worked for me.
Message 6 of 28 (81,199 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i changed it and still no luck

Message 7 of 28 (72,365 Views)

DLC Unauthoriced

★★★ Novice

Hi, i'm having problems with the Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition i downloaded from Origin. I was able to finish all the download and install the game, but when checking the DLC content, i see all of it downloaded but unauthoriced, except for the expansion set The Awakening, and the message is always that i need to log in with the account with which all the DLC's were downloaded, which is the same one i'm using. I checked and went through all the info you gave out in the webpage, but nothing works.

Message 8 of 28 (72,258 Views)

Re: DLC Unauthoriced

★★★★ Novice

Try logging into the Origin program that you downloaded. Once logged in, refresh the game list then launch the game from the Origin window.

Message 9 of 28 (72,245 Views)

Authorizing dlc

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Recently I bought Dragon age origins the ultimate edition from origin,

but the dlc is showing as enabled but unauthorized, how can I authorize the dlc for my account?

When I try to redeem the code I got with the ultimate edition on the bioware redeem promo code page/ register game page, I get an error message saying I either typed it incorrectly or its unavailable.

(edit: code removed for security reasons)

Please help me find the solution to this issue.

Thanks in advance

BlackWolf8919

Message 10 of 28 (72,058 Views)