Re: Dragon Age Origins: Digital Deluxe Edition (PC) DLC Not Active in Game

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

Dragon Age Origins: Digital Deluxe Edition (PC) DLC Not Active in Game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This is one of my favorite games of the Dragon Age Franchise I have invested about 441 hours on it and I have downloaded many DLC's for it.

It is precisely this that compels me to write this report to EA. Through my DLC purchases, I have encountered a bug. 

First I can't purchase any DLC inside the Game while playing the game. I have the necessary Bioware points to purchase it but every time I try to I get an error saying "Sorry, your request could not be completed at this time. Please try again."

Or another time I got another error message saying "A server error occurred while attempting to access your online profile storage."

So due to this 2 error messages I kept getting after I tried numerous times to restart my game and my PC (I own an MSI GE 62 Apache|Pro by the way) I went and tried to purchase the DLC through 

Origins under the Extra Content tab and (addons).

I was able to successfully make the purchase and then the window pop up telling me that my order was processed successfully and that if I wanted

to install the DLC through Origins which I, of course, decided to do just that I I click on that option. My DLC was then Downloaded (Return to Ostagar)  and after checking the Extra content tab where all the DLC of the Game appear I notice that the DLC Return to Ostagar had the installed message with the green checkmark symbol beside it signaling that it was installed in the game. Also in the game tab, I had a small message on the bottom left side corner saying new add-on content detected. So with this good news, I decided to proceed and play my game but while playing the game I notice that under the active content tab my new DLC was not appearing it appeared under the available content tab as if I had never purchased the DLC. In fact when I experimentally click on it

I got the Pop-up window of the DLC in question and a brief Summary of the content included in the DLC.

Also in that window, it asks me to purchase the DLC which cost about 400 Bioware points. I was puzzled because I have already purchased this DLC and I even have the email confirmation number and transaction records to prove it. Also under the Extra Content Tab in the Origins Launcher, I have the DLC with the message and green checkmark symbol saying it's installed.  Regardless of this I went ahead despite my confusion and tried to purchase the DLC again but I got the same first error message that I have previously talked about in this report. So Unable to purchase it trough the game and not seeing the DLC as active content I went ahead and did more troubleshooting and tried to locate the map icon that should appear if I have purchased the DLC and it is installed correctly. I did that and was able to locate the map icon I click on it and made my character travel to that place but when I got there and I tried to interact with the character to start the DLC I got as an interaction option in the game a message saying (download content) in brackets and the message of the action in the game that says attempt to revive Elric. I click on it and I get the message saying the same error.

So basically I have a DLC now that doesn't work and it's not active and I can't activate it. After my unsuccessful attempt to fix the issue I went to Ea Help and I contacted you guys to try and see if I could resolve the Issue I talk to 2 people and 

I will now go ahead and give you the case number so you guys can access it and see the problem. I also will post the pictures that I took so you guys can see some of the error messages and things that happen to me that I have been describing through this report.  The case number is #31274359. It's safe to say that if I am writing this report now its because every other troubleshooting step was followed but without achieving any success.

So I was told to report this problem as a bug. One thing to note the only way I was able to somewhat resolve this problem on my end was to click on the repair option in the origins launcher. When I did this for some previously purchase DLC's I was able to get them to show up on my game but my saves were erased as well as mods or other stuffed added to the game. I am greatly troubled and sad to report that while this issue still persists I will not be playing my game anymore or purchasing anything from the Origin store since I can't guarantee that my DLC and content will be installed properly in the game.

During this time I implore anyone who takes the case to please take all my report into consideration.

Regardless please try and get this solved as soon as possible so other players and fans of this game including myself can get back to playing the game we love. 

Message 1 of 3 (582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

"WOT" gets "WTF" from me.

My eyes hurt just looking at the post.  No way I would spend the time figuring out the issue.  Please resubmit (without your résumé this time) using short sentences, and put line breaks between paragraphs if you have to go to multiple paragraphs.

Thx.

Message 2 of 3 (561 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply when I posted this report I didn't think anyone would read it.

Sorry about the wall of text I thought I had put some spaces in between the text but apparently not.

Disappointed

The reason why this post is long is that it's not about a simple problem and while speaking to Ea they advised me to be as detail as possible in my report. 

So unless you work for Ea you don't need to feel obliged to help me figure out the issue.

You probably won't be able to anyway it seems to be an installation error that has to do with Origin and the only known fixed is to repair the game.

It just sucks in my opinion that this is the only thing I can do to fix the issue.

Message 3 of 3 (484 Views)