Dragon Age Origins: DLC not working - CD version (no online client)

by Serena034

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Origins: DLC not working - CD version (no online client)

★★ Novice

Hello there fellow DA enthusiasts,

I recently wanted to go back to playing the first Dragon Age that I had purchased via CD. I also had the Shale DLC included in my game box - key and all. Wanted to install it, of course. Since BioWare got swallowed up by EA some years ago, I have no way to activate my DLC the traditional way, though. So, logically, what I did first was to google the living hell out of it and get my content via DAUpdater.

Now here's the problem: I have access to Sulcher's Pass, but after I talk to Felix and get the rod, Honnleath and the quest do not show up. I am basically stuck in DLC Limbo here. I tried this with another DLC - same thing. I can initiate the offer quest and complete it, but the actual quest locations or the quests themselves never show up. I tried a few fixes and added the xml files, but I still can't travel to Honnleath. What ever happened? I have not patched the game because I did it on my old computer back in 2010 and it only led to longer loading times and me not being able to lockpick Sten's cage anymore which pissed me off immensely for some reason. I would like to avoid patching, if possible.

And no, I don't want to register my game with Origin. I am glad there are still things in my possession that do not require an internet connection to work, and I'd like to keep that number as high as possible.

If anyone has an idea about this problem, I would be very grateful.

Message 1 of 2 (522 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Origins: DLC not working - CD version (no online client)

★★ Novice

Well, consider it solved. I am responsible for my own demise (that happens a lot so yeah whatever).

After hours spent in support - which didn't help one bit - and Google and reinstalls I figured it out. All I needed was a patch. I know I didn't want the patch but I got a little desperate. BOOM and it worked.

My own rules prevented me from playing. I apologize for wasting thread space in here because of my stubborn attitude considering patches. Sorry, guys. Have a nice day.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (661 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dragon Age Origins: DLC not working - CD version (no online client)

★★ Novice

Well, consider it solved. I am responsible for my own demise (that happens a lot so yeah whatever).

After hours spent in support - which didn't help one bit - and Google and reinstalls I figured it out. All I needed was a patch. I know I didn't want the patch but I got a little desperate. BOOM and it worked.

My own rules prevented me from playing. I apologize for wasting thread space in here because of my stubborn attitude considering patches. Sorry, guys. Have a nice day.

Message 2 of 2 (662 Views)