Dragon Age: Origins - DLC Download failed.

by alsvha

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age: Origins - DLC Download failed.

★★★★ Novice

Yeah.. I'd love to see an update on this.  It is a trivial thing to fix at this point.

To all the people complaining about us complaining - These problems do not exist with non-cloud based games.  You own all the code and can back it up and reuse it at will.  EA's train has chugged continuously towards an online-only setup that CREATES these sorts of maintenance problems.  It would have been a non-issue if all the DLC was provided as a download from day 1 (it wasn't) and if authentication was removed from the cloud after the game went into legacy mode (it wasn't). 

You say the game is years old and has a sequel - so why not treat it as such and give us what we paid for?  My parents used to complain about planned obsolescence in the form of cheaply made product.  What we have here is worse, because at least in that scenario a replacement can be purchased.  Many of these posters are first-time buyers with no recourse other than to complain!

Message 21 of 81 (2,499 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Still no word.

Start by fixing the link in the info files for the patcher and I'm almost sure this issue will be fixed based on what I've tested so far. And I don't even have code access.

Message 22 of 81 (2,449 Views)

★ Apprentice

I wonder if they will ever fix this problem,I played the game back in 2009 and in more recent years also,really love it,but without the dlcs wont have the same charm.Still waiting for a fix.

Message 23 of 81 (2,414 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also want to say that i own a physical edition of the game (standard)wich i buyed in 2009 and awakening in 2010 now i tryed to reinstall my game and all its dlc avaiable plus the patch the problem is that above the dlc download tab i have a red exclamation marker and the patch number in red and when i try to initialize the download it just wont work (download failed) if i hit the retry button still to no avail.I own an alienware system with windows 8,will try ultimated edition after this and will post if i had the same problem .I also have the physical edition of the ultimate edition.I also want to state that i have dragon age installed on my other computer as well,dont know if this affects anything or not.Looking forward to an answer.

Message 24 of 81 (2,412 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So, any word on this?  EA what do you need from us to get this resolved? 

Message 25 of 81 (2,319 Views)

★★ Novice

Would like a response, experiencing the same symptoms.

Message 26 of 81 (2,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am also experiencing the same issue. I have tried all solutions presented, I purchased my game via the Steam summer sale. I even dumped 20.00 more into the fricken thing that i'll probably never get back, even though I bought ultimate the ingame menu told me that I was missing some so i bought with 20.00 worth of points on the bioware page. Only to review and found they were already included in the Ultimate edition. Let us be frank for a minute. I know based on my friend's experience that a pirated version works perfect, all DLCs. I don't want a pirated copy. I paid good money to support you Bioware. I want some support for that loyalty. I don't want to break any laws and deal with edited software. I want it to work normally like I paid for. So why is your current design favoring pirates, and not real purchasers? Returning to the point though, firewall exception and everything else setup to allow the pass through of DA: O Ultimate Steam edition. My end is ready and open. Your end isn't talking.Uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times as per previous solutions. Still having the issue. Please respond to the people who keep you employed.
Message 27 of 81 (2,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

TO ALL STEAM ULTIMATE EDITION OWNERS

I figured out a solution from the useful steam community page.

1. Navigate to your install folder. (Right click on the game in library, select properties, select tab local files, click browse local files.)
  2. Find the redist folder. 
  3. Double click on DAOU_UpdateAddinsXML_Steam.exe to install it.
  4. Double click on DAUServiceSetup_Steam.exe to install it.
  5. Launch game as normal.
  6. All DLCs are now installed and working.

To those that are having this issues with the CD install or Origins, I apologize, maybe a similar solution exists for you.

Message 28 of 81 (2,224 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm also starting to think that EA doesn't care about their older games. Companies like them care only about profits first, & once a game starts to decline in sales, they drop all support for it like a ton of bricks & leaves its fans out in the cold.

BTW, you gonna drop support for DA2 as well? I'm sure it'll get EA ever more fan mail.

Message 29 of 81 (2,202 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Wrote to some support function which first told me to install manually - and when I said no - they claimed Bioware were working on a solution.

I'm not buying that at the moment, because this seriously does not seem like a difficult technical issue and after this long time - I've simply moved away from EA/Bioware games. Throwing the towle in the ring, so to speak.

Message 30 of 81 (2,173 Views)