Download Server Not Responding with Dragon Age: Origins

by Gellaquin

Original Post

Re: THE NETWORK IS HAVING PROBLEMS?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Onskolone wrote:

Now the zip file in http://lvlt.cdn.ea.com/eamaster/s/shift/dragon_age/dragon_age_origins/fg__ww_rtp/dragon_age_originsp...
is present on EA server.

I use the Beta client and the download start but in http download normal mode there are random disconnections.
Try now the https download safe mode and at the moment i am at 25%.

Enabling Safe Download mode got it to start the download process.  I'm using the non-beta client FYI since I had a sudden issue with the beta client and had a hell of a time to reinstall it.

Message 61 of 72 (1,391 Views)

★★★ Novice

Safe Download Mode seems to work. Takes forever, but it's downloading.

Message 62 of 72 (1,363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@ammmck wrote:

Safe Download Mode seems to work. Takes forever, but it's downloading.

Can confirm that by turning on safe download, in both beta and stable version of Origin, Dragon Age Origin will download.

However this is still not a very good fix, more like a temporary band-aid for  the problem, almost there but not quite;

Close enough only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

Message 63 of 72 (1,344 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Safe download definitely works, though it is very frustrating that it has come to this.

Error ID: 0a9fe841700359ad

Issue is still kicking around it seems and I've just finished writing up a the error report with as much info as possible since I figure the more info on the issue makes it slightly easier for them to fix (if they get around to it...) Sidenote: I successfully downloaded a whole bunch of other games,  DA:I/2, BF3, Dead Space, Sims3/2, etc. prior to swtiching over to safe mode. 

Message 64 of 72 (1,324 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the posts. While Safe Mode is a workaround, it is just a workaround, hopefully we can get the main issue resolved ASAP. When we get more info we'll update folks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 65 of 72 (1,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Crazyasian1234 wrote:

Safe download definitely works, though it is very frustrating that it has come to this.

Error ID: 0a9fe841700359ad

Issue is still kicking around it seems and I've just finished writing up a the error report with as much info as possible since I figure the more info on the issue makes it slightly easier for them to fix (if they get around to it...) Sidenote: I successfully downloaded a whole bunch of other games,  DA:I/2, BF3, Dead Space, Sims3/2, etc. prior to swtiching over to safe mode. 

At least safe mode is currently a workaround that works, hopefully in the process of fixing the issue, they don't break this workaround; if they actually fix it. 2 weeks and counting on the issue and still only close to a fix. Also almost all the info about the issue is coming from the users, EA hasn't provided any updates or info on the issue despite saying that they would. Like there isn't even a pin about the issue or about the safe mode workaround for people who are having problems downloading this game

Message 66 of 72 (1,297 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@JCMuki wrote:
At least safe mode is currently a workaround that works, hopefully in the process of fixing the issue, they don't break this workaround; if they actually fix it. 2 weeks and counting on the issue and still only close to a fix. Also almost all the info about the issue is coming from the users, EA hasn't provided any updates or info on the issue despite saying that they would. Like there isn't even a pin about the issue or about the safe mode workaround for people who are having problems downloading this game

Yeah, at least. Would also like to point out that you have to keep it on the next time you start Origin as the software automatically tries to download and apply an update, if Safe Mode isn't on, it won't go past "verifying game files" (or whatever it's called). So if you try to download other games, they'll be paused until the DA:O is either cancelled or switched to Safe Mode.

Message 67 of 72 (1,271 Views)

★ Apprentice

Today (Aug 29th) I tried to download Dragon Age Origin: Ultimate Edition and it worked no error code, I didn't even have to turn on safe mode to download it. This is only for Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition though, the base Dragon Age Origins game still gives a "Origin tried to download the game more than once" download error code and still can only be downloaded in safe mode. So for people who have the Ultimate Edition of the game downloading should work perfectly now barring any forth problems. Better latter than never EA.

Message 68 of 72 (1,204 Views)

Community Manager

@JCMuki Thank you for the status update, and for your patience with the investigation 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 69 of 72 (1,166 Views)

Community Manager

@JCMuki Hi,

Thanks for the additional info. We would really appreciate if you could create another Origin Error Report for us where you attempted to update a regular Dragon Age Origins edition and then post its ID in here as highlighted in red below.

1. Open Origin.
  2. From the menu on the top choose "Help"
  3. Select "Origin Error Reporter" (You can read more about it here: http://download.dm.origin.com/oer/en_GB.html )

You will see three screens as shown below. 

1. For type of error select "Downloading Games"
  2. For the description of the problem, please include a brief description (copy/paste of your first post should do) and include a link to your forum post.
  3. Check the box to share diagnostic information and click on "Send Report"
  4. The error reporter will show the second screenshot from below and will then show the third screenshot when finished. On the third one mark and choose to copy (or write down) the Error Report ID text string (bolded) and post it here.

With this ID we will be able to take a closer look at what exactly has been going on. Thank you very much for taking a look in advance.

OER_tool.png

Cheers,

Nils

Message 70 of 72 (3,334 Views)