Download Server Not Responding with Dragon Age: Origins

by Gellaquin

Original Post

Re: THE NETWORK IS HAVING PROBLEMS?

★★★★★ Novice

@Drjamesdawson350 wrote:

My game is Downloading fine 

We don't really care if you're downloading fine, just stop posting if you have nothing helpful to say about the issue, continuingly saying you don't have an issue is not helpful at all and I would consider that spam.

I have the Ultimate Edition on Steam and will just play it there if EA can't get this resolved.

Message 31 of 72 (1,089 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

thank you  for saying that

i got it on gog but all my saves for the game are on origin

also according to EATom on another post some people's download just start working again, so the fix seems to be just let the problem resolve itself :P

Message 32 of 72 (1,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@JCMuki wrote:

thank you  for saying that

i got it on gog but all my saves for the game are on origin

also according to EATom on another post some people's download just start working again, so the fix seems to be just let the problem resolve itself :P

I don't even use the cloud save on Origin, always ran into issues with it plus I already have save files on my hard drive which work for the Steam and Origin versions.

I just tried it and it's still giving me the error.

Message 33 of 72 (1,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

EA doesn't seem to have any answer to the problem and if only a select few people keep having download problem they might not even bother looking for a fix, if their solution currently is to have people keep trying to download to see if their download starts working again.

just got a reply from EATom

"I've forwarded this issue for investigation as multiple players seem to be having trouble with the Dragon Age download.

I will update the thread once I have more information.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Trying-to-download-a-game-but-quot-The-Network-is-having/td-p/549483..."

time to wait and see if EA comes up with a solution, like in a weeks :P

Message 34 of 72 (1,074 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@JCMuki wrote:

EA doesn't seem to have any answer to the problem and if only a select few people keep having download problem they might not even bother looking for a fix, if their solution currently is to have people keep trying to download to see if their download starts working again.

It can't even go past "Preparing Download" before it gives the error, it definitely can't connect to the download server for this game alone.

Message 35 of 72 (1,063 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still won't download. I bought it on origin, so can't download it through steam.

Message 36 of 72 (1,036 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is really frustrating... I have the game for xbox but I'd rather play it on pc then dig out my 360 for this one game...  I have spoken to EA and the person I was speaking to basically wasn't listening to me.... Wanted me to repair the game... That I can't even begin to download... Then wanted me to check my system requirements... Then wanted me to delete the game and try re downloading it.... I couldn't download it to begin with... I feel like this problem isn't going to be solved any time soon as I still can't download it.... "The Network is Having Problems"   Frown

Message 37 of 72 (1,026 Views)

★ Apprentice

@seagullwrestler wrote:

Still won't download. I bought it on origin, so can't download it through steam.

luckily i got a copy of the game on GOG, no drm can install any time no servers needed

Message 38 of 72 (1,016 Views)

★ Apprentice

@bookworm9258 wrote:

This is really frustrating... I have the game for xbox but I'd rather play it on pc then dig out my 360 for this one game...  I have spoken to EA and the person I was speaking to basically wasn't listening to me.... Wanted me to repair the game... That I can't even begin to download... Then wanted me to check my system requirements... Then wanted me to delete the game and try re downloading it.... I couldn't download it to begin with... I feel like this problem isn't going to be solved any time soon as I still can't download it.... "The Network is Having Problems"   Frown

the contact ea rep i got was less than helpful, telling me to do things that i have already tried. CM EATom already said he has escalated this  and will provide inform when updates come, but I wouldn't hold my breath, could be another week before things are resolved

Message 39 of 72 (1,013 Views)

Re: Download Server Not Responding with Dragon Age: Origins

★★ Novice

I think that there is a missing file into the EA web server.

The Origin Client search for this zip file (with session parameters 'nva' and 'token')...

http://lvlt.cdn.ea.com/eamaster/s/shift/dragon_age/dragon_age_origins/fg__ww_rtp/dragon_age_originsp...

The EA server answer is...

404 Not Found

The requested URL /storage/nawest1/ea-origin-shift.origin.cdn.level3.net/published/eamaster/s/shift/dragon_age/dragon_age_origins/fg__ww_rtp/dragon_age_originspcfg__ww_rtprun_3a217df5006924d89ba777ad293689cb2.zip was not found on this server.

Apache Server at ea-origin-shift.origin.cdn.level3.net Port 80

Message 40 of 72 (931 Views)