Re: DA: Ultimate won't work on my PC (no login or game start, just menu)

by JaedenRuiner

Original Post

DA: Ultimate won't work on my PC (no login or game start, just menu)

★★★ Novice

Had played a little DA:O on PS3 a while back, but it was with a friend's game as he was letting me see a few styles of PS3 games available at the time.

Liked it.

Recently, saw there was a deal for DA: Ultimate via Origins for the PC, and at a steal, so I bought it.

Now:

A) I try to log in once the game is started, and if I put in the wrong origin account password, it rejects me immediately.  If I put the right password in, it shows me a EULA, which I accept and then says my Password was invalid.  (which doesn't make sense, and I have verified it is the correct password)

B) When I try to start a "New Game" I select, Origins, I get the load screen for a second which then freezes and the game does nothing.  I've listened to 5-10 minutes of the music and the "loading.." screen never moves on.  On my dual monitor I leave the task manager up and sure enough daorigins.exe goes "not responding" after a few seconds of trying to start a new game?

Rather depressing as I liked playing this on PS3 and figured my computer would give me more UI control, but now it won't even start?!?!?

Any Ideas?

Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

Windows 10

MSI GT72 6Qe Dominator Pro G

i7

24gb Ram

Nvidia GTX980M

PS - First time i tried, the damn windows security popped up, so I alt-tabbed over and clicked allow for daorigins.exe on my private network.

Message 1 of 7 (563 Views)

Community Manager

@JaedenRuiner Thanks for the post.

For the first issue, can you try updating/changing your password, see if that changes anything. 

For the 2nd issue, can you start by performing a Clean Boot, then run just the game/Origin. 

https://help.ea.com/uk/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If this is ineffective, can you try putting Origin in Offline mode then try again?

Can you grab Mass Effect 2 from the store, does this play ok? If you have data caps don't worry about this step. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (544 Views)

★★★ Novice

That didn't work.  Downloaded ME2 free, and logged in, no pwd change, no problems.  Started new game, killed it during the game engine animatic as all seemed well.

Still DO:U crashes.  Won't log in, and new game locks up the system.

J"SD"a'RR

Message 3 of 7 (536 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm, in that case can you try wiping your local DAO saves/settings folders? Go to My Documents/Bioware, then make a backup of the entire Dragon Age Origins folder. 

Once you have this tucked away somewhere safe, delete this from its original location. Then please try launching again and see if you encounter the same behaviour. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 7 (524 Views)

★★★ Novice

I will try, but the game has never been run on my PC. 

this was a new download (albeit a month or 6 weeks ago).  The previous time i played DAO was on my PS3.  so there are no save games.  I simply started up the program, set it to 1920x1080 with the best graphics, and tried new game and it crashes. 

I have also done an EA: Origins full repair install of DA:O Ultimate but that didn't work either. 

I will try the delete and restart but I am not holding my breath on this one.

J"SD"a'RR

Message 5 of 7 (517 Views)

★★★ Novice

So i deleted the folder.

But now, the game does not ask whether or not I want origins or awakening.  It at least does get to character creation, but still does not let me "Login" to my EA account.

So, my next test is to repair install, and if it brings back the downloadable content, and see if that crashes it again.  If so, i know that I'll be able to play origins, but I might not be able to play any DLCs.

THanks

J"SD"a'RR

Message 6 of 7 (509 Views)

Community Manager

Well that's progress at least. Can you add the DLC content through Origin itself? You can see the Extra Content tab for the game then try to download from there. As for the login part, what error do you get? Are you using the same login as your Origin account?

Thanks.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 7 (503 Views)