DA:O for PS3 - DLC Items Not Appearing

by Akamadoushi

Original Post

DA:O for PS3 - DLC Items Not Appearing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I realize that there are topics about this issue. However, those pertaining to this issue for the PS3 version are several years old and the suggested solution did not work for me. If something has changed, then I need a current work-around. If I've done something wrong, then I need specific instructions.

The specific items I'm referring to are the trophy items from each of the standalone DLCs (Reaper's Cudgel, Witchcraft, Blightblood, etc.) I earned the trophies long ago, before my first PS3 failed. I was able to get the items on my replacement PS3 with some difficulty, but I don't remember specifically what I did to get them. After that PS3 failed, it was over a year before I could get a replacement, and I'm now unable to figure out how to get my DLC items. It's actually been quite frustrating.

The general consensus online is that I need to uninstall my Dragon Age: Origins game data, then reinstall it and all DLC. I tried that, and it didn't help (it also took about 2 hours.) What's very strange is that the DLC items appear in Awakening, but not in Origins.

Here is the specific order in which I installed things. Please tell me what I did wrong so that I can re-do everything in the correct order. Again, this is for the PS3 version; PC-specific fixes will do me no good.

1. Inserted Origins disc and allowed game data to install.

2. Inserted Awakening disc and allowed game data to install.

3. Downloaded all DLC packs (I used the background download option).

4. Installed Feastday Gifts.

5. Installed Feastday Pranks.

6. Installed Leliana's Song.

7. Installed Battledress of the Provocateur (Awakening).

8. Installed Battledress of the Provocateur (Origins).

9. Installed Return to Ostagar.

10. Installed The Darkspawn Chronicles.

11. Installed Blightblood (Awakening).

12. Installed Blightblood (Origins).

13. Installed The Golems of Amgarrak.

14. Installed Golem's Might (Awakening).

15. Installed Golem's Might (Origins).

16. Installed The Stone Prisoner.

17. Installed Warden's Keep.

18. Installed Witch Hunt.

19. Installed Witchcraft (Awakening).

20. Installed Witchcraft (Origins).

21. Installed Blood Dragon Armor

22. Started a new character in Awakening. All DLC items appeared correctly.

23. Started a new character in Origins. No DLC items appeared, except for Blood Dragon Armor.

Message 1 of 4 (2,176 Views)

Re: DA:O for PS3 - DLC Items Not Appearing

★★★ Apprentice

The only thing I can think of for you to check for validation is here:

https://social.bioware.com/user_bw_games_register.php

Log in with the email and password you used for your PS3 profile that installed/purchased the game then check to make sure it lists the game as registered to you on the PS3.  If you scroll down and it shows a link that says "Click here to register game" then it is NOT showing up as registered, and that's probably why the DLC doesn't show up.  If that's the case, then if you click that link, it will ask you for the UPC code from the cover of your Ultimate Edition game disc.  Type in the UPC code and register it, then try logging in on your PS3 and validating it again.  Your DLC -should- appear.  If not, post again, I may have a couple of other suggestions you can try.

Also, if you're interested in a few freebie goodies, there's a link you can click on to unlock some other downloads for your PS3 version of the game.  BioWare unlocked them for free a while back and all you have to do is click the link and pick to unlock them for the PS3 then follow the instructions.  They're a few cool things like amulets and rings and such.

http://social.bioware.com/da2/dlc_bundle/

It says DA2, but it's for Origins AND DA 2.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 4 (2,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Many apologies for the late reply! I started playing Skyrim and I've been forgetting to check this thread.

I checked for validation, and Dragon Age: Origins is showing as registered on my profile (I bought Origins and Awakening separately, years ago. I don't own Ultimate Edition). What else should I try? Oh, and thanks for the free DLC link!

Message 3 of 4 (2,127 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did you find a fix?

Message 4 of 4 (1,876 Views)