DA: O (Mac) crashing "Exception Raised"

by FamilyQunice

Original Post

DA: O (Mac) crashing "Exception Raised"

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Having found the answer to this eleven days too late to post on the bioware forums, I'm mentioning it here in case it helps someone else.

I was having a regular crash in the DLC at Honnleath: "Exception Raised ... [memory address details] ... Do you wish to debug it?" with yes and no buttons. Yes quits the game cleanly, No leaves the game running but unresponsive and requires a force quit. I actually gave up playing for over a year becasue I couldn't get past it.

The solution -- for me -- was to uninstall a mod (that I had long since forgotten about) in the ~/Documents/BioWare/Dragon Age/packages/core/override folder. Unistall in this case just meant drag it out of the folder and restart the game.

After that I was able to recruit Shale and carry on. (At last!)

Some memory-hungry texture mods have been listed as a possible cause of other crashing bugs, while equipping items or entering new locations for instance, but I hadn't seen that answer linked to this problem, although "Exception raised" crops up repeatedly in the old forums. Fingers crossed someone else finds their way to this and it solves their problem too.

Message 1 of 6 (2,411 Views)

Re: DA: O (Mac) crashing "Exception Raised" [Solved]

Community Manager

Thanks for coming back to us with your solution! Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 6 (2,403 Views)

Re: DA: O (Mac) crashing "Exception Raised"

★ Novice

Well, it got me through that part of the DLC, but the error cropped up again tonight in the Fade part of the Circle quest. (Which I'd managed to complete without problems on earlier playthroughs.)

So hopefully it might still help some people, but I think I'm going to have to take 'solved' off the subject line...

Message 3 of 6 (2,396 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same problem here. The game often crashes in Wilhelm's cellar when the wraiths scream during their attack (maybe the sound file is too big?).
I managed to pull through after a few crashes and one reboot, but had to throw the towel on the way out when the game crashed again. I used the console to teleport myself back to the village, from where I just entered to top part of the dungeon to finish the quest.
Message 4 of 6 (1,790 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I don't have any mods but I keep getting crashes :/ How do I fix this?

Message 5 of 6 (1,123 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Would this work for DA II?

Message 6 of 6 (1,121 Views)