DA:O Invalid license. Reason code=Missing DLL:{NxCharacter.dll} Error: 0x7E.

by lianglonglong

Original Post

Re: DA:O Invalid license. Reason code=Missing DLL:{NxCharacter.dll} Error: 0x7E

★★★★ Novice

Hey, for those looking for the "special windows 10" installer of PhysX, I used this one just now and it worked.
Unlike the others, it doesn't say you have a newer one installed. The trick is, it's actually WAY old. Note: DA:O IS way old...

Message 51 of 143 (9,795 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Windows 10 fix, This WORKED!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU:eahigh_file::eahigh_file::eahigh_file:

Message 52 of 143 (9,748 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks man real life saver on this one been trying to find a physx windows 10 driver installer as i run an i5 system on intel graphics so going straight to nvidia wasn't working. Now I have it running and firing on all cylinders thanks a ton life saver. 

Message 53 of 143 (9,647 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you, you totally saved my progress bro

Message 54 of 143 (9,456 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, I have Intel HD Graphics 4000, perhaps that is why at the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age\__Installer
I don't have a physx directory. The only ones I have are directx, loc, and vc. What now? :[

Message 55 of 143 (9,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie

NVM, found the link on the comments: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.16.0318-driver.html

Message 56 of 143 (9,448 Views)

★ Novice

same

Message 57 of 143 (9,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have installed this and it says that there is a present one/same already and won't work.

Message 58 of 143 (9,368 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Some versions of the game force other similar programs, dependent of type of computer used or other compatability issues. All the same, you should be able to fix the issue by following the pathing the original poster presented, just switch out PhysX with *x file folder... For example, my computer uses DirectX... My pathing is programfiles(x86)/origingames/dragonage/_installer/directx  So if you can't find PhysX, try looking for DirectX, Box2Dx, FleX, or APEX app file and install that way.

Message 59 of 143 (9,324 Views)

★★ Novice

@SaulPedrazaR wrote:

If I have an AMD graphic card, the NVIDIA Physx work to fix this problem? 

Hopefully, it worked for me.  Kind of aggravating that I need an Nvidia driver on my AMD machine for it to work.  The Error Message is also aggravatingly wrong, since I actually have the NxCharacter.dll file on my machine.

Message 60 of 143 (9,192 Views)