Crash in Denerim

by Baulus1007

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crash in Denerim

★★ Novice

I was playing Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition and the game crashed when I was in Denerim, I tryed to open the save but it insta crashed. I though It was my fault for some mods I installed, so I proceeded to uninstalla the game and the mods and make a new run. This time I used barely mods for changing hair at the begin of the game but still in Denerim after some time the game crashes and keep crashing, I don't know what to do, maybe is my Windows 10 giving problems?

Message 1 of 41 (90,515 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crash in Denerim

Community Manager

@Baulus1007 Hmm, can you check the steps in this post?

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1320088-dragon-age-crash/#entry11116484

Some have been taken already, but the reliability report may help point in the right direction. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 41 (103,793 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Baulus1007 Hmm, can you check the steps in this post?

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1320088-dragon-age-crash/#entry11116484

Some have been taken already, but the reliability report may help point in the right direction. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 41 (103,794 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks

Message 3 of 41 (90,408 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Awesome JB3 textures was the cause of my train wreck. Found a program that removed all traces of it from save files. Standard smile Thanks!!

Message 4 of 41 (90,341 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the post, it seems that the linked post has some very useful info. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 41 (90,333 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

None of the solutions referred too, worked for me.  I did, however, solve my problem with a little patch called 4GB patch.

I run various MODS included texture mods.  I run windows 10 with AMD cards in crossfire.

After various crashes and a total crash after entering Denerim I could not even load the game anymore.  Since the patch, smooth sailing and no more hiccups let alone crashes with the save that initially would not load anymore. 

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Message 6 of 41 (89,837 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you a lot for this fix! It worked marvelously for me, and with great improve in my FPS as well. Thanks so much!!!

Message 7 of 41 (87,124 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There is a setting in options that says something about bugs or something but it is in Gameplay, if you remove that it should play better, I did when I kept crashing and it ran extremely smoothly, you might have some lag issues with the mods and that might help

Message 8 of 41 (86,827 Views)

★★★★ Novice

sorry just realized this issue was resolved

Message 9 of 41 (86,826 Views)

★ Novice
Dude, Thank you so much, solved all my problems for DAO and modding! *hugstight* Standard smile
Message 10 of 41 (84,671 Views)