Can you Register an Xbox Live Downloaded Game?

by bazzalad007

Original Post

Can you Register an Xbox Live Downloaded Game?

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

i brought my my game via Xbox live download. So I don't have the normal registration code you get on the box, as I didn't get a box. 

I tried EA support who told me to go ask the retailer for a code. I'm not confident that will work.

i also have a 2nd hand game, with disc but no box code again. 

Does EA have any way to recognise users who have brought games either via XBOX LIVE or 2nd HAND? 

Both are legal, full versions of the game.

Or is my version of their products simply unregister(able)? 

If so, kind of excludes a big section of users.

That was basically what the completely untrained EA support person finally thought was the case after wasting 60 minutes of my time on their chat.

Seriously, why bother with that support service, it was down right, the worst, most Ill informed service I've ever used.

He couldn't answer, nor understand any of the issues I raised. Hopeless,

I tried to ask for an email address so I could escalate the matter and he just cut me off and closed my case!!

if anyone can help, even if it's just to confirm that "I can't register my games", I'd be ever so grateful.

Message 1 of 5 (809 Views)

Re: Can you Register an Xbox Live Downloaded Game?

Community Manager

@bazzalad007 Wow, I'm sorry that you had a poor experience with this. 

What version of the game did you get? If you let me know this I can send you a private message with the code. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (782 Views)

★ Novice

I also got my game from Xbox. I want to register it, but have no UPC code. Frown

Message 3 of 5 (692 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this same problem.

Message 4 of 5 (665 Views)

★ Novice
I'm having the same issue I bought from game x box live store on my x box one and have no way of registering. I love the dragon age series and this is frustrating
Message 5 of 5 (450 Views)