"Lost connection to the session"

by EnTrolly

Original Post

Re: "Lost connection to the session"

★★★★★ Novice

Same here pc version but ... lol i mean, the date of some comments are in 2014 wtf still no solution? 

Message 81 of 100 (1,595 Views)

★★ Novice
  1. Wifi N band
  2. Intermittently
  3. No pattern
  4. Win7 Laptop
  5. Virgen Super Hub not been touched
  6. Even with out being connected to the net. I still get this error on single player. I do not play multiplayer on this game.
Message 82 of 100 (1,469 Views)

★★ Guide

The PC version of Mass Effect 3's co-op suffered from the same network issue. It took them nearly a year to resolve it. It's one of the reasons why they removed PC section from the BioWare forum. Because of the numerous and valid * complaints they kept receiving. Why even have a forum at all?

I am just glad that i got this game at a high discount. The multiplayer is unplayable in its current state. And this is supposed to be a triple AAA? * pathetic! I should have learned my lesson after BF4 to avoid your half assed products.

Well, lesson learned.

Message 83 of 100 (1,448 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Agreed. Not only is it ridiculously hard to get through without losing connection to the session, but I feel like I have an hour of loading screens before I can try searching again...if we lose the connection to the session you could at least just reset to the search screen. Giving EA a hand in this game was a terrible idea. They need to stick to sports games. Good luck to everyone. It is rare to hear back from EA support or expect a fix. They have their money, who cares if we like it or not. EA needs to stay away from our RPGs or hire an actual support team. Terrible company. I personally will not be buying anything else with an EA stamp on it if this is what we can expect.
Message 84 of 100 (1,436 Views)

★ Apprentice

After analysing the Port the game was using in windows, I noticed today that Port 9999 UDP was being used by the game but not mentioned on any of documentation regarding the ports that should be open to DAI.

After forwarding this port on my router all my connection problems were gone.

I only just tested it today but for what I've seen today this should completely fix the issue.

Hope this helps everyone else too.

Message 85 of 100 (1,423 Views)

★ Guide

Nah, it is same. Random error connections still. Unbelivable that almost half year they cant fix this.

Message 86 of 100 (1,398 Views)

★ Novice

it's a shame

Message 87 of 100 (1,388 Views)

★★★ Novice

It realy is.

Started the game -> Multiplayer -> Quick Match -> Perilous/Random -> Search -> Stuck.

They even build in new bugs its kinda amazing.

I hope they dont do it the same way Blizzard did with Diablo3, it was only playable after the addon which again costs the same amount as the original game.

Stupid me for not checking before buying which companies are behind it Frown

Message 88 of 100 (1,236 Views)

★★★ Novice
Keep in mind, this particular issue has the potential to be something other than the game itself or even whatever software is run on the backend servers. It could potentially be a code bug on the infrastructure that would likely be running non-EA software. That would drastically increase the time required to address this. Not only does it take longer to troubleshoot, but once the bug is nailed down, the time to address it taken by the outside vendor is going to be measured in months.
Message 89 of 100 (1,232 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im aware of that, thank you Standard smile

For the money we all spent on this game you can most of the time buy 2 games. And even some F2P alpha games have less bugs then this one (or at least they are playable with keyboard+mouse). Sure its kinda big but not rly complex in the mechanics (skills, etc). If i wanted a game which i can play with my 5 year old daugther i would'nt have bought a pc game.

Im pissed about the big issues but they will not be changed. In this case i would rly like them to fix the little ones, so i can at least enjoy some rounds in multiplayer from time to time without restaring my game every 3rd match.

I guess the big issues as the small issues are not EA related and im just in the wrong forum. Maybe we should post bugs in the bioware forum too and better also post on twitter, fb and g+. Didnt know that bugreporting is so anoying nowadays.

Message 90 of 100 (1,229 Views)