Re: how to download my world states and characters from dragons keep to ps4

by 1skaara1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how to download my world states and characters from dragons keep to ps4

★★★ Newbie

I had a ps3 now a ps4. Most of my characters I playe don ps3. I've upgraded to ps4 and all my characters and world states are on Dragons Keep. I import them to DAI but those characters and world state are not then seen on my ps4.

Message 1 of 3 (4,731 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@1skaara1 If you want to continue your PS3 playthroughs on PS4, you will need to download the Black Emporium DLC (which is free) on your PS3 copy, go to the Black Emporium, and create a save there for export to PS4. You can only transfer one save at a time (there is only one slot, so if you try to upload more than one the newest one will just keep overwriting whatever was there). You can find more information on the save game importer here.

If you're just talking about importing a world state from the Keep for a new playthrough, that should work the same as it did on PS3, as far as I'm aware. World states can only be imported when you are starting a new game, and it is only the DAO and DA2 information that can be imported, you can not import DAI characters/playthroughs/etc into a DAI playthrough (I imagine they're there for if/when DA4 comes around). Again, you can only have one world state set to import at a time, so make sure you have exported the correct state from the keep (and take note of the date/time so you know it's the right one when you go to import during the creation of a new game).

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (5,686 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@1skaara1 If you want to continue your PS3 playthroughs on PS4, you will need to download the Black Emporium DLC (which is free) on your PS3 copy, go to the Black Emporium, and create a save there for export to PS4. You can only transfer one save at a time (there is only one slot, so if you try to upload more than one the newest one will just keep overwriting whatever was there). You can find more information on the save game importer here.

If you're just talking about importing a world state from the Keep for a new playthrough, that should work the same as it did on PS3, as far as I'm aware. World states can only be imported when you are starting a new game, and it is only the DAO and DA2 information that can be imported, you can not import DAI characters/playthroughs/etc into a DAI playthrough (I imagine they're there for if/when DA4 comes around). Again, you can only have one world state set to import at a time, so make sure you have exported the correct state from the keep (and take note of the date/time so you know it's the right one when you go to import during the creation of a new game).

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (5,687 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok. thanks for the answer. Guess I should have asked this question before i got rid of my ps3 and set up my ps 4. I assumed the Dragons Keep info would transfer everything over. I'm used to a cloud based world. Didn't think the info was only on the PS3 hard drive. Plus if you can only do one save at a time, that means if you want to try your multiple characters into the PS4 DLC's, you have to re-hook up your PS3 each time. I don't know many people who keep both consoles when they upgrade so feels like a terrible system DA set up.

Message 3 of 3 (4,702 Views)