Re: dragon age unlock potions

by GreyWolf1949

Original Post

Accepted Solution

dragon age unlock potions

★ Novice

I have deluxe special edition Dragon Age: Inquisition and after playing it twice to the end, potions ability is never unlocked and thus I can only use healing potions despite being available at the "equip potions" venues. 

There must be a glitch. Are patches up to date? 

I spent more for add-on perks and expect to get what I paid for. 

In addition, after reaching a certain level, I no longer receive perks and thus cannot make additions even when purchasing the merchant power/perk level increases.

Message 1 of 10 (4,419 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

a. There is no 'glitch'.  You're not doing something correctly.

b. You can only acquire 20 perks maximum in the game.  Choose wisely.

c. What platform?

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (4,771 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

a. There is no 'glitch'.  You're not doing something correctly.

b. You can only acquire 20 perks maximum in the game.  Choose wisely.

c. What platform?

Message 2 of 10 (4,772 Views)

★ Novice

It is quote obvious I am not doing something right - I am looking for a solution. 

Once upon a time we had instructions that came with a game. That was what I meant. Spending all this money and not knowing how to access what is available. For example there are three bars on top of my menu (PC version) I still don't know what it does.

Do I need a belt to have potions, tonics and grenades. Why is the lock on all every unlock. Why lock it in the first place. Travel through Thedas and not once did I uncover a potion, grenade or tonic in loot.

And don't tell me there are no glitches because I ran across a person standing near a table with an item and cannot access it. On map it shows an exclamation mark.

Does Origin automatically update game with new patches?

Message 3 of 10 (4,399 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Didn't say the game doesn't have glitches.  Said equipping potions  isn't glitched.

Those various "belts" allow a character to carry more of a given type (potions/tonics/grenades) than would have been possible without it.  You still need the proper ingredients, and a slot for the flask.

If you're asking how to Create potions/tonics/grenades:

1. Find the recipe.

2. Find the ingredients listed in the recipe.

3. Proceed to "Equip" below.

If you're asking how to Equip potions in general:

The first (left-most) slot is for healing potions only, (and the quantity showing is a shared by the entire Party.)

The other slot(s) can be equipped individually by each character (with limitations; e.g. a non-mage can't equip lyrium.)

1. Select the character you want to equip with more (or different) potions.

2. Go to an "Equip Potions" supply bench.

3. Click and HOLD on the type you want from the available ones on the left.

4. DRAG it to the second (or third, if you have it) potion slot (if something's already there, the selection will replace it.)

5. Double-click on the slot until you've maxed-out the number it can hold, (or don't have enough of the necessary ingredients to create another of that type.)

If you are asking how you Unlock the third potion slot:

It's the perk called "Tempered Glass Flasks", and it's found in the "Forces" Perk Tree.

Message 4 of 10 (4,396 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for your time.

While waiting for a reply I figured it out playing the game for third time.

I have yet to complete the Solas added quest at end of game.

Again, thanks for your patience. I don't know how I missed how potions are obtained.

GW

Message 5 of 10 (4,379 Views)

★ Novice
@ThandalNLyman I have the PC version on my gaming laptop and it's in the "Inquisition" Perk Tree. Don't know if it's different for other versions. Apologies for stepping in; I'm just a guest, but thought it'd be better to have this added to your answer.
Message 6 of 10 (3,160 Views)

@Jewanner 

Welcome to the boards, but please pay attention to the dates of the posts.  In this thread it is from Oct 2017, making it over three years old.  I seriously doubt anyone involved in this post remembers or even cares much about this topic due to the age and likely the person originally posting, has long since figured out the issue or just stopped playing. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 10 (3,151 Views)

★ Novice
@mcsupersport Thanks-I did realize that, but the game just went on sale on Steam again recently, I'm currently playing it. I thought others might be doing so, too, and thought it would be a useful addition. Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. Apologies if I did.
Message 8 of 10 (3,144 Views)

★★ Novice

Ha ha ha.

It's now 10/14/2022 and I've read this thread and it answered my question exactly. 

There are a tremendous amount of bugs in this game. The one that killed the game for me was adding the DLC's, which killed the third inventory upgrade that cause one to lose inventory. After losing my 5th best of game weapon or armor I left in disgust as you cannot undo this choice once it has been made.

There is a new sheriff coming to town, lmao. Yes, it's Microsoft, which, as a company policy, fixes bugs instead of using work-arounds and it fixes all bugs over time: they don't stop at one or two, it fixes all of them: what a task that was for them to fix ESO as no game-play character type worked but the graphics were great. I personally care that the game actually works. What these companies like EA and RDR2 will have to do in the future is fix their bugs in order for us users to purchase their games. I'm really looking forward to this future. Many of these companies like EA will have such a horrible reputation that many people will just stop buying their games. And the rating companies will stop just rating games on their video quality and consider the game-play aspect as well. No longer will crap games like Dragon Age get GOTY awards when the game-play aspect is such crap and hopefully, games like RDR2 will just go away. lmao.

I don't care much for Microsoft but I will buy their games in the future because of their policy and I will never have to buy these other crap games again.

EA, read the writing on the wall!

Also, did you know that you cannot pause EA games. I don't know what EA is doing with all my CPU power when  the game is paused but they are doing something with it and it is not for me playing the game.

Regards,

iaai0110

Message 9 of 10 (1,560 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age: Inquisition please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (1,277 Views)