Working solution for Intel dual core CPUs!

by nickjamespoad

Original Post

Working solution for Intel dual core CPUs!

★ Apprentice

If you're using a dual-core Intel system and pulling your hair out at the crash/freeze before the menu, forum member wolfman2k has found a solution.

It's worked on at least 5 people's machines in the last 10 minutes.

Download and install these Intel drivers:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24329

They are not the ones the Intel Update utility recommends, nor the newset, nor the ones that Windows Updates recommends.

BUT THEY WORK! I'm in and playing! Good luck!

Message 1 of 81 (64,315 Views)

Re: Working solution for Intel dual core CPUs!

★ Apprentice
Message 2 of 81 (63,746 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

As previously noted in a couple of places today, if you do not have quad cores, no official support from EA is going to be extended, as soon as a Game Adviser realizes you have only two real CPU cores, just a warning on that, again.

Message 3 of 81 (63,739 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ummm... this is a solution for the issue.

It would be a bit odd to stop the many people would help from using it, unless Minimum Specs is a nightclub entry policy rather than purchasing advice.

Message 4 of 81 (63,718 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Not stopping people from using it, only advising that if you run into further issues and need to contact EA Support, that they will see that your PC isn't intended to run the game anyway and the support will be limited because of it.

Message 5 of 81 (63,669 Views)

★ Apprentice

This fix will only get you so far though. For me it stopped crashing, but I still can not actually play the game.

Message 6 of 81 (63,652 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Noja190 wrote:

This fix will only get you so far though. For me it stopped crashing, but I still can not actually play the game.

@Noja190 

My supposition would be that only one of the really fast C2D i5s with hyperthreading would be a good choice to use a workaround such as this one (and there are likely to be other options of similar nature).  What kind of GPU is it that you tried to use this way? 

P. S. To the other kibitzers about this, given the shared game engine, I'm really surprised I've not seen more workarounds for the other games before this (Fifa 15 has the same engine, doesn't it?) . 

Message 7 of 81 (63,606 Views)

★★★ Novice

This one didn't work for me. It says my hardware can't handle the driver. UGH. Bioware said this would be able to run on your PC if it could run DA2. Patch this. It's horribly optimized around the board, from what I've heard.

Message 8 of 81 (63,589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I tried to quote Gorath_the_Elder but it didn't work.

This is really elitist. Not everyone can afford high tech gaming laptops. Most people can't, in fact. You need to actually make products FOR YOUR FANS, and that means they have to be accessible.

And honestly, I've heard Inquisition is terribly optimized in the first place. I do recall being promised that computers which run DA2 (mine does) would be able to run Inquisition, and they clearly don't. I have the feeling EA rushed Bioware to finish production, so they didn't have time to optimize it, and now we're the effective beta testers.

Message 9 of 81 (63,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@sanityscraps wrote:

This one didn't work for me. It says my hardware can't handle the driver. UGH. Bioware said this would be able to run on your PC if it could run DA2. Patch this. It's horribly optimized around the board, from what I've heard.

Patching for dual cores is VERY unlikely, IMO.  Patches that optimize some aspects that affect both Quads and Dual core systems may open things somewhat for the (unsupported) Dual core CPU owners, assuming they have the Hyperthreaded processor versions.   Anyone wanting to maon and groan about "promises" is off topic here.  This is the Answer HQ community, not Bioware, not EA. 

Take those complaints to those people.  We made no one any promises.  I wasn't even on the Bioware DA: I forums in between DA:2 (which I couldn't abide) and this game, so I have no idea what any Bioware people may have been saying before they released their System Requirements six weeks ago, which CLEARLY demand a quad. 

Message 10 of 81 (63,561 Views)