Re: Windows 10 Game will not launch

by Alcairx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Windows 10 Game will not launch

★★★★★ Newbie

I have a new installation of the Game of the Year edition of DAI. It has never been installed on my computer before. Dell desktop, dual monitor, AMD FD-8800p with 12 GB ram. Have tried compatibility mode, turning off origin, restarting, reinstalling, repairing. Ran both origin and DIA in compatibility mode.  I am not running AVG. The game starts to launch, both screens go back, and then nothing, back to desktop. The game saved under an origin folder not an EA folder so deleting the license in the game folder does not seem to apply. 

https://hastebin.com/ajodupepur.tex

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 4 (674 Views)

Accepted Solution

I know you said you aren't running AVG, but Avast also is popular and also causes issues, so you may want to just temporarily disable your anti-virus and see if it works then.  If you are running Avast, then put in global exclusions and see if it works(origin, DAI and DAI saves folders), and if not, then still disable as sometimes you have to do both to get it working....yah, AVG and Avast can be that much a pain in the caboose.

You have a couple svchost errors, Bex stacks, as well as an Origin app, hang error listed in your dx file. 

Svchost is tricky, and is linked to core windows files, microsoft file checker may help....

Also check your firewall settings along with security settings and see if there are any issues maybe stopping Origin from communicating with an authorization server.

The Origin app hang, may be the core issue or just a wild hare....but I would clear the cache of Origin and see if it doesn't help...see here for instructions to clear cache...

Also uninstall or totally disable all Razor software you have on your machine, it is a known issue for Frostbite games.

It looks like your Video driver is a bit out of date, but still should work, you may want to see if you can update it after a clean removal of the old.

If none of this works, try a clean boot and see if it works with a limited startup of programs, thus finding out if we are dealing with a cross program interference.....https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (873 Views)

All Replies

I know you said you aren't running AVG, but Avast also is popular and also causes issues, so you may want to just temporarily disable your anti-virus and see if it works then.  If you are running Avast, then put in global exclusions and see if it works(origin, DAI and DAI saves folders), and if not, then still disable as sometimes you have to do both to get it working....yah, AVG and Avast can be that much a pain in the caboose.

You have a couple svchost errors, Bex stacks, as well as an Origin app, hang error listed in your dx file. 

Svchost is tricky, and is linked to core windows files, microsoft file checker may help....

Also check your firewall settings along with security settings and see if there are any issues maybe stopping Origin from communicating with an authorization server.

The Origin app hang, may be the core issue or just a wild hare....but I would clear the cache of Origin and see if it doesn't help...see here for instructions to clear cache...

Also uninstall or totally disable all Razor software you have on your machine, it is a known issue for Frostbite games.

It looks like your Video driver is a bit out of date, but still should work, you may want to see if you can update it after a clean removal of the old.

If none of this works, try a clean boot and see if it works with a limited startup of programs, thus finding out if we are dealing with a cross program interference.....https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 4 (874 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

(Smart money says "Avast" Wink .)

Message 3 of 4 (647 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I added the exceptions to Avast and it worked immediately. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4 (629 Views)