Unable to launch Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe Edition on PS4

by austinkirts

Original Post

Unable to launch Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe Edition on PS4

★★★ Newbie

I recently downloaded the deluxe edition of Dragon Age: Inquisition and am unable to even open the application. Has anyone else had this problem and is there anyway to fix it? I've tried the basic restatring of the system etc etc  but I still cant get in. Thanks for any help possible!!!

Message 1 of 28 (34,604 Views)

Re: Unable to launch Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe Edition on PS4

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

[ Updated for confirmation by me personally ]

Yeah, same here. Assuming that you're refering to the error code: "CE-34878-0"

There is a popular possible solution to the problem that seems to be working for some. I myself am trying it as we speak. You'll want to follow these steps:

1. Re-Download Dragon Age: Inquisition(Delux Edition) [Confirmed]

2. Immediately after, go to your PS4's home screen menu and select Notification, from this point, scroll down to Downloads[Confirmed]

3. In Downloads you'll want to locate the Dragon Age: Inquisition Update File, and pause its progress, as well as any additional DLC(Add-on's, Expansions). Only the Full Game file of Dragon Age: Inquisition should be downloading, keep everything else paused until it finishes. [Confirmed]

Note: Even though the Dragon Age: Inquisition Full Game may appear to be finished downloading after the (5.40GB?) file presents itself as one of your playable games added to your game library in your PS4's home screen, this is not the case. It is highly reccomended that you do not run the game during this time, because the Update File will un-pause on its own and will continue to download. You will want to allow the Dragon Age: Inquisition Full Game file to complete before installing any of the additional files. You can check the actual status by going to the Dragon Age: Inquisition game located on your home screen > Press the Options button on your Dual Shock 4 controller > Scroll down to Information and select that with the X button. On this screen, towards the middle, you should see "Download Status." If the Download Status does not read: "Completed", it is not complete and you should not run the risk of allowing the paused Update File to un pause and continue. You only want to to un-pause the Update File after the game has fully downloaded. [Confirmed]

Also, it's best to verify beforehand that your [Enable Automatic Downloads and Upload] box is not checked in your 'System' menu.

4. Once the Dragon Age: Inquisition Full Game finishes downloading, you will want to run the Update File[Confirmed]

The game should run properly with no error code at this stage. [Confirmed]

5. Once the Update File is finished, the additional Add-on's and Expansion files can be downloaded one by one. Though I can't say for sure if they will or will not cause the error code to resurface. Some claim that the game will run just fine doing it this way. [Confirmed]

Pro tip: It download/installs much faster when your PS4 is in rest mode.

Hope this helps. Keep in mind that I am currently trying this as we speak, but working with a slow connection. I'll update you on whether or not this has worked for me. I will test it in steps.. Had a similar issue with Far Cry 4 about a week ago.

All of the above steps were conducted and tested by me personally. Dragon Age: Inquisition is now working 100% correctly, with no errors. I'm sure this may not be the -only- way to fix errror code: "CE-34878-0" but for now, this is what worked for me and many others. Please try this if you are still having issues with this error and please make sure that you follow each phase step-by-step if you have the Delux Edition and are experiencing this issue. Or perhaps the error code in general upon starting the game.

Message 2 of 28 (34,402 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tarx please update this tomorrow when you've tried it! I am currently attempting the same fix after having multiple instances of crashes and that same error message! I contacted EA customer support but he wanted me to check all kinds of ridiculous things and then suggested reinstalling the entire PSN ID and I gave him the boot at that point. It's clearly an installation issue, whether the files get corrupted by playing too early or the whole damn thing just really needs to be fully downloaded before it lets you play I don't know, but I hope it works!

Message 3 of 28 (34,307 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You're right bro, it is definitely an Installation issue and I'm glad that you didn't listen to the advice he gave, seems like it would've caused you more problems. I tested the above steps and it's working flawlessly, with all of the Add-On's included for the Delux edition.

After the Download Status read: 'Completed' The first file I installed was the the Update File. After that, I downloaded all of the Add-On's in this order:

-Delux Edition Items

-Flames of the Inquisition Weapons

-Flames of the Inquisition Armor

-Flames of the Inquisition Armored Mount

The only reason why I listed them in order is because one other person that I read about yesterday was having the same error code issue and claimed that he felt it was the "Armored Mount" Add-On. Dunno about that, but it's working just fine for me, following the above steps to the letter. Hopefully you guys can thoroughly work this out today, stress free. If anyone has any other questions regarding this, you can msg me on PSN 'tarel88'. Good luck and will see ya online!

Message 4 of 28 (34,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I also had this problem, the error occurs only if the download of the main game is not finished yet.

When you go to the download section of your PS4, it will tell you it is done downloading, at around 5gigs or so, but the actual game is 44gigs.

To know if DA:I is completly downloaded:

- Press "Option" over the game in the Playstation menu.

- Press "Information" in the menu that pops up

- Look at "Download Status". If it doesn't show completed then the game is not yet ready.

Like someone else said, putting your PS4 in rest mode will speed up this download, but there is no need to delete/redownload the game even if you downloaded the patches already (at least it worked for me).

Message 5 of 28 (33,676 Views)

★ Novice
So will Rest Mode stay like forever until the full 44GB are downloaded? or do I have to turn it on sometimes to check?
Message 6 of 28 (33,199 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I still stuck on 5.27 Gb, anyone can help
Message 7 of 28 (33,129 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for this I finally have my game up and running!

Message 8 of 28 (33,049 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the help, I was having the same issue. I have one question though. The game is able to be played once the 5 gb are downloaded, but the full game is 44.5 gb. Can I begin playing the game once the first 5 gb are downloaded or must I wait until the full thing is downloaded?

Message 9 of 28 (33,014 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm already 40 something hours in. I assume if I re-download the game, my saves will be gone, correct?

Message 10 of 28 (32,347 Views)