Unable to install Dragon Age Inquisition from the Disks...

by sparrowlord01

Original Post

Unable to install Dragon Age Inquisition from the Disks...

★★★★★ Novice

I just picked up DA Inquisitions for my Daughter, however, she is unable to install it from the disks.  It is a  huge download from Origins and we only have a small amount of transfer per month with our ISP.  I need to be able to install it from the disks, and not the crappy Origins Download.  Does anyone know how to do this???  It is completely moronic to sell you a full retail set of disks if you can't use the things...

Message 1 of 138 (27,657 Views)

Re: Unable to install Dragon Age Inquisition from the Disks...

★★★★★ Novice

I had to use Windows Explorer to manually start the autorun feature of the disk.

Insert disk 1, and if the autorun doesn't start (I got the popup asking what to do with the disk, as opposed to the autorun) then do the following:

1. Go to My Computer or press Windows-E on the keyboard which will do the same thing (at least it does on my machine).
  2. Open the disk by double-clicking on it, listed for me under "removable media"
  3. You should see something saying "autorun" which you need to click. I cannot confirm at this moment the exact thing to click since I have a different disk in my drive.

If this does not help, please provide more information such as any errors that occur. I hope you get this resolved quickly! I have slow DSL so I can certainly understand a download not being a suitable option, and this is the reason that I also ordered disks rather than a digital version.

Message 2 of 138 (27,415 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem and this solution does not help. I open the launcher and click continue and then nothing happens.

Message 3 of 138 (27,402 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's not the problem for me, and I suspect it isn't the problem for the op. The autorun works fine. But when I press the "continue" button to install the game, it opens Origin instead and does not start installing the game. There are no other buttons to press except "exit installer" and "help".

Message 4 of 138 (27,399 Views)

EA Staff

@jedicass Please right click the AutoRun file and select the option to run the program with Admin rights.

Message 5 of 138 (27,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just tried running both AutoRun and Setup as admin. No dice.

Message 6 of 138 (27,390 Views)

★★★ Novice

This, still will not install.

Message 7 of 138 (27,375 Views)

★ Novice

Game says my computer needs to be upgraded to Windows Visa or the like.  I have Windows 7 Home Edition installed and have a "hot" system.  Never had this happen with any games before.  

Message 8 of 138 (27,372 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried running as admin but Origin still wants to download it, it then times out with the message that it couldn't contact Dragon Age servers.

Message 9 of 138 (27,370 Views)

★★ Novice
I just bought DA Inquisition and when I try to install, there's a message from origin saying: "Please check your operating system. DA Inquisition will not run on your current operating system. You'll need to upgrade to windows vista(6.0) or newer to play." My current PC specification is : *windows 7 home premium (2009) *processor AMD phenom (tm) ll x4955. 3.20ghz. *Ram:4.00 gb *system type: 64 bit. Question: Should I upgrade to windows 8?
Message 10 of 138 (27,359 Views)