Troubleshooting Dragon Age: Inquisition for failure to launch

by BooCoo

Original Post

Troubleshooting Dragon Age: Inquisition for failure to launch

★★ Novice

Out of pure curiosity isn't the origin launcher intended to install a game completely and allow the consumer(myself the game player) easy access to just click on the game icon or the "play" icon located in the origin launcher to play the game with ease? Not sit and have to troubleshoot and locate the issue that a programmer who is paid to locate such issues, not myself who has paid for the services for easy access to said services. Thus would compensation be allotted to me the consumer, due to the matter that I am in fact fixing a incomplete product? Though the common reply to this issue is that there are so many different problems that could arise with hardware at this current time and due to the demands of the game program there is a limited amount of hardware that is able to run this game. I do in fact have a very main stream computer hardware. Asus MB, Nvidia GPU. 

This is not the first time I have faced issues with the Origin launcher, and I highly expect this to not be my last. This is a honest question and very much would like a reply to this as to why I am troubleshooting this game.

Message 1 of 9 (633 Views)

Re: Troubleshooting Dragon Age: Inquisition for failure to launch

★★★ Guide

First, you have not posted a DxDiag, so we cannot tell if your computer meets the minimum requirements of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Saying that you have an Asus motherboard and an Nvidia GPU does not mean that your computer can handle the game.

Secondly, you seems to be complaining about the Origin interface. However, the fact that it's failing to launch some game(s) may be due to your hardware. Without a DxDiag, we can't be sure. 

Lastly (and by far most snarkliy), if you think you can do a better job of programming an award winning game. Do it. Go for it. I mean that. If you don't, then stop complaining and stop asking for 'compensation' because you clearly can't even follow simple protocol and directions provided in this board.

No game is ever going to run perfectly on every computer due to the variance in hardware and software on the market. Bugs and glitches are going to happen. You have three choices: 1. Buck up and play the game, dealing with whatever glitches and bugs may arise. 2. Stop playing (and as long as you're within the given time, request a refund). 3. Prove me wrong and go program a game that runs perfectly on every computer and every platform out there.

I say this as a player and as someone who is so sick of people asking for compensations and refunds because the game doesn't work perfectly on every computer.

Message 2 of 9 (611 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My good apologizes "'player'. After my experience of programming for a few years and 15 years of computer gaming. It is my mistake for misunderstanding what a finished product looks like. Since you did not see my info I did post about my rig being a modern rig allow me to post my DxDiag for you. Since you seem to believe this is the problem. 

To update you "'player' by alternative means. Sadly once again the product seems to have failed to run. After again uninstalling and reinstalling. Checking ALL drivers, updating ALL drivers. I appear to be at a lose once again. If you the "'player' could point me in the right direction. I would be happy to listen. 

The thingy

Message 3 of 9 (557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@BooCoo

A few points. First, you said you had a very 'mainstream' computer. That does not give us specs, and is why I asked for the DxDiag. Secondly, I've been playing computer games for going on 25 years now. So, yes, I do know what a finished product looks like. Third, I AM a player, just like you are. Lastly, your DxDiag lists a bunch of errors trying to launch Dragon Age. Do you have AVG installed? Because your specs seem fine, but AVG has known issues with Inquisition. Again, this would have nothing to do with EA or a 'finished product'. If you have AVG, add Dragon Age: Inquisition to the exceptions list or dump it and get something like Bitdefender or Avast. 

Message 4 of 9 (538 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

After my last post. I did another hard uninstall, reinstall. Then today getting back onto it. Again same issues. I hit launch, Activation EA UI in manager bar. No game. So the game runs, but some reason doesn't fully launch. I've conducted a "verify" option and no issues... I tried running it in Window 8 and with Admin. I get a icon of it running in the taskbar. So at this point I am at a lose. This same issue occurs with The Division. I am wondering if there is a similar program such as Direct X accessed that would point to this. Also I uninstalled AVG. Bogged my computer down. Plus I do not access a lot of those "questionable" sites on my gaming rig.

Message 5 of 9 (521 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

How did you update your graphics driver? Did you install it on top of the previously installed one, or did you perform a clean installation by wiping your current driver with DDU?

Also, is your GPU overclocked?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 9 (507 Views)

★★ Novice

Over clocked, the current GPU was installed originally when I built the PC.

Message 7 of 9 (494 Views)

Hero

Could you try to launch the game on integrated graphics for diagnostic purposes? I'm curious if the Nvidia GPU is causing problems because Frostbite 3 doesn't like overclocked hardware.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 9 (485 Views)

★★★ Guide

I see that you uninstalled AVG. So, which anti-virus do you have? This is out of pure curiosity.

Message 9 of 9 (472 Views)