Tan Pants / Boots clothing texture glitch

by ZchuKitty

Original Post

Re: Tan Pants / Boots clothing texture glitch

★★ Apprentice

This is rediculous, just loaded my game, ran 2 feet and then my boots turned tan instantly... I can't even be around the stables in Skyhold without tan boots.

I know being tan is a good thing, but in this case it is just ruining everything =P

Message 31 of 65 (1,728 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I forgot to mention that I play on PC.

Intel Core-i5 3350 3.10 GHz; Nvidia GTX670; 12 RAM 1333Mhz

No mods.
Message 32 of 65 (1,719 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This needs to stay at the top. For the record the ONLY color that doesn't change randomly to that annoying pos tan is the white dragon color. However, I have no desire to go around in ALL white just to keep from having those dumbass tan boots. Was trying a light gray color from some fox and still back to tan in no time flat. I REALLY hate this and it makes me not want to play. WTH is the point of being able to change the color of your gear if it doesn't stick and goes back to that annoying pos tan color. The only recourse is in my mind only slightly better e.g. all white. I want black not white and definately not tan. Fix this and fix the knight enchanter sword disappearing as well. How does stuff like this get past qa, it is so basic and happens so often it should be glaring.

Message 33 of 65 (1,708 Views)

★ Novice

@Cataegidis wrote:

This needs to stay at the top. For the record the ONLY color that doesn't change randomly to that annoying pos tan is the white dragon color. However, I have no desire to go around in ALL white just to keep from having those dumbass tan boots. Was trying a light gray color from some fox and still back to tan in no time flat. I REALLY hate this and it makes me not want to play. WTH is the point of being able to change the color of your gear if it doesn't stick and goes back to that annoying pos tan color. The only recourse is in my mind only slightly better e.g. all white. I want black not white and definately not tan. Fix this and fix the knight enchanter sword disappearing as well. How does stuff like this get past qa, it is so basic and happens so often it should be glaring.

Those two lines say it all for me. *cries*    I agree with everything you said though.100%.

I havn't even been playing all that much because it makes me sort of angry and I don't like that feeling, that's not how I should feel while playing a game. I'm just hoping this get's fixed before I really get into it more. I wanna take pretty screencaps of my characters. *sigh*

I LOVE customizing and creating my own characters and outfits, and games that allow for such things are so much more fun for me. So to have this otherwise beautiful game that includes those aspects I love but then forces me to ALWAYS (and yes, I do mean always. My pants are never not tan save a few moments after I load a save file) have ugly tan pants and boots with no texture is especially annoying... to the point I've gotten so frustrated by it I've just had drop what I was doing, shut off my PS4, and try to go put it out of my mind so as not to not pull all my hair out or throw my controller out a window. I'm a pretty chill person, not a lot get's me upset, but ugh, this... this just gets under my skin like... I can't even put it into words properly. The more I try to play the more it ruins my enjoyment of this game. I hate it. I hate it so much.

Bleh, sorry... that got more ranty then I would have liked, but I feel very strongly about this. I'll try to get some more examples posted when I can.

This needs to be addressed. Helpfully soon.

Message 34 of 65 (1,681 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Agreed

Message 35 of 65 (1,672 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Totally agree!
Message 36 of 65 (1,666 Views)

★ Apprentice
whats funny is your horses legs never change colors Dx
Message 37 of 65 (1,650 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@ZchuKitty wrote:

But your armor does, even when on the horse.

I hate this "feature"... They cannot remove it fast enough.

Message 38 of 65 (1,639 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Kelleth wrote:

@ZchuKitty wrote:

But your armor does, even when on the horse.

I hate this "feature"... They cannot remove it fast enough.

Yes! I notived this last night, I was riding my horse in the Exalted Plains and their my pants went turning tan! And the horses legs are solid black 24/7 ZERO LOGIC!

Message 39 of 65 (1,612 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Adding myself to this as well. If its intended to be a dirt/mud effect please let us toggle it like gore. Its kinda odd to walk a few steps have my red boots go full tan, walk a few more steps and stop, then see it flicker through shades back to red....

If not and its a shader issue please get it resolved as well.
Message 40 of 65 (1,596 Views)