Setup Cannot Continue (1603)

by noz3r0

Original Post

Re: Setup Cannot Continue (1603)

★ Novice

dident work for me only got error 1935 when i did follow the steps from page one

Message 31 of 55 (1,717 Views)

★ Novice

Found this

1. Go to Windows Update

2. Click Installed Updates

3. Find Update KB2918614 in the list and uninstall it.

4. Restart your computer.

5. Run installation again.

6. Play!!

Works for me, and make sense, since most companies do not install all fixes

Message 32 of 55 (1,705 Views)

★★ Novice

In regards to getting the error message VC++ Reditributable package to load I found what worked for me was to go to the following site:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

and download the VC++ Redistributable For Visual Studio 2012 update 4.

Once that's downloaded, install all 3 files and then restart your computer. When I did that and reinstalled DA:I it loaded up with no problems. Hope this helps others in need

Message 33 of 55 (1,702 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU!!  

I didn't need to replace anything.. I had 4 files to open and run and a couple of them did an automatic repair, then it worked.  Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 34 of 55 (1,691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i love you mate,it helped me perfectly got to find the x84 and rename it,really thanks

Message 35 of 55 (1,646 Views)

★★★ Newbie

YOU"RE A **bleep** GENIUS

Message 36 of 55 (1,627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Agreed, my first born is yours, just name them after yourself

Message 37 of 55 (1,625 Views)

★★ Novice

Why can't we just get a damned patch to fix the game? What is wrong with these people, to send out a rubbish game that needs a programmer to install it? Right now I would just really like my money back! Error code 1603, what a bunch of **bleep**!

Message 38 of 55 (1,495 Views)

★★★ Newbie

(2. Go to your search in the start menu and type in "services." Run services. Right click on "Windows Modules Installer" and select "Properties." In the general tab:

For Startup Type: Automatic

For Service Status: Make sure it says "started" or else select "start." Then hit OK.)

This is all I had to do to install the game just fine.     Thanks.    I even did it while I was in the middle of the install.   Just start this service.   They could make an easy patch that starts this service before installing the vc++ runtimes.

Message 39 of 55 (1,479 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@MichaelDavaz wrote:

I believe, after much experimentation and digging, I've found the solution.

It appears that the problem stems from the VC++ Redist installs themselves. Origin, by proxy, installs these the three VC++ Redists that are needed to run the game. Unfortunately, not all these VC++ files are compatible with all computers. Attempting to install these files without Origin's assitance results in the program encountering a I/O problem -- error 997. To install DAI, I had to "trick" Origin into installing a version of VC++ that was compatible with my computer.

Here's what I had to do:

Step 1) Go to the Dragon Age Inquisition game folder. Mine installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition"

Step 2) In the directory "__Installer", you'll find a folder called "vc". Inside vc, you'll find 3 folders: vc2008sp1, vc2012, and vc2013.

Step 3) Within each directory are folder's called "redist", and within each of those are corresponding .exe files. Run each of these files.

Step 4) For this fix, you should note that at least one failed to install. You'll need to note which one of these failed, and then search the internet for a version that is compatible. In my case, Origin wanted me to install "vcredist_x64", but this failed. I found "vcredist_x86" was compatible -- installing this onto my computer instead.

Step 5) The last step in "tricking" Origin into allowing you to play DAI, by renaming the working vcredist files as the ones that are found within the DAI  "__Installer" directories, deleting the non-working ones and then replacing them with the working ones. I renamed the file I found online (vcredist_x86) to the same name as the incompatible file (vcredist_x64), then replaced the old file with my own.

Step 6) Run the installation again.

The Result:

Origin then is "tricked" into installing the new compatible vc files. Origin is made "happy" because it got to feel like it was in charge and do something useful, and presents the game as being installed and allowing you to play.

Disclaimer:

I'm not a software engineer, nor a computer technician. I don't know the long term results of what will occur by bypassing the ideal methods of installing in this way. All I know is that this worked for me. The game runs... for now. I'm expecting it to crash any second now. It's a solution you can try, if you feel like you know what your doing. Just don't blame me if something goes terribly... terribly wrong.

This totally worked! You sir are a genious. In my case, it was the 2012 redist.

Origin wants to install the the _x64 for 2012, but that's a no-go on my computer.

- DL'd the vcredist_x86.exe from MS website, ran it manually to make sure it installs correctly

- Deleted Origin's vcredist_x64.exe for 2012

- Copied the vcredist_x86.exe to Origin's install version C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc\vc2012\redist

- Renamed it to vcredist_x64.exe.

- Re-ran Origin installer for DAI and BAM! it worked.

Many, many thanks Standard smile

Message 40 of 55 (1,464 Views)