Random flying geometry?

by GheaOrigin

Original Post

Random flying geometry?

★★ Novice

Hello

I have Attached a 10 second video and an image of 4 screenshots showing the problem.  It seems that random geometry is flying around in come places of the game.  It doesnt happen all of the time.  This is in Ultra setting.  It does seem that in medium setting, the problem reduces. 

https://hastebin.com/eyozojikuy.tex is my specs

Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 12 (479 Views)

Re: Random flying geometry?

★★ Novice

actually it seems that it won't take the video, but hopefully the screen shots give you a good idea of the issue

Message 2 of 12 (477 Views)

★★★ Guide

@GheaOrigin

Have you tried doing a clean install of your graphics driver? Use something like ddu to uninstall the old driver and then install the new one from the nvidia site.

Message 3 of 12 (459 Views)

★★ Novice

I havent, but I did make sure i have the most up to date driver.  I'll try your suggestion if everything else fail.  How do you even describe what I am seeing? is there a technical term?  is this a common problem with DAI?

thanks

Message 4 of 12 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]

Every time I have seen or heard about something like this, it is due to graphics card/driver problems. 

1)  Overclocked card, edge of crashing.

2)  Overheating card, edge of melting down.

3)  Driver crashing(bad driver, bad install)

4)  Bad Power supply to Vcard.

I am sure it has happened for other reasons, but these have always been the ones that I have seen. 

Edit note:  I think most people call it artifacts on screen....but I could be wrong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 12 (441 Views)

★★ Novice

Interesting.  This is a brand new card with no overclocking from myself. This problem also only exist in this game. If it is my hardware problem, shouldnt it happen to more than just one game?

Message 6 of 12 (427 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I used to have this problem in Black & White on my Geforce 2, though I think that may be too old an example to be relevant. Back then I fixed it with a driver upgrade. In your case I would definitely try a clean install using DDU to wipe all remains of your current driver, as someone suggested.

You said you'll do it when all else fails, but I think a clean driver install should be one of the first things you try because it often works and is quite easy to do. You just launch DDU, which reboots your PC in safe mode, and then DDU launches itself and you select the option to delete your Nvidia drivers. The PC the reboots in regular mode and you can then install the drivers.

I haven't had a Geforce card in a while but AMD has an option to reset the shader cache. I don't know if Nvidia allows you to reset it, but you can disable it in the control panel under 'manage 3D settings'.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 12 (417 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey guys, thanks again for the advice. Unfortunately it didn't work.  Any more thoughts?

Message 8 of 12 (389 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

do you haw v-sycn on

Message 9 of 12 (367 Views)

★★ Novice

i do.  My settings is just the pre-set ultra.  You know another thing is, when i set it to be "windowed" instead of "full screen", the problem is completely gone at least for now.  However, FPS is lower with windowed

Message 10 of 12 (358 Views)