Quest Bug in "All New, Faded for Her"

by Tenebrous_Sage

Original Post

Quest Bug in "All New, Faded for Her"

★ Apprentice

I took Solas to the location of the spirit in the Exalted Plains, the marker has disappered from my map, and I can see the pride demon in the middle of the summoning circle, but the cutscene won't  trigger.  I can't complete the quest.  I've left the area and return several times, and the quest marker isn't even showing up on the quest map anymore.  

Although I can still see the demon at the location, I can't trigger the cutscene, interact with the pillars, or with the demon. 

Message 1 of 105 (68,025 Views)

Re: Quest Bug in "All New, Faded for Her"

★ Novice
IM having the same problem. I also heard the diologue about the Mage getting shot in the back and the other mages getting shredded by the demon and Solas saying "no no no."
Message 2 of 105 (67,573 Views)

★ Novice
I had this same problem. I'm not sure if this is related or if it is the solution, but after I had issues getting the cutscebe to trigger, I went and sealed the rift nearby that is located past the cave icon.

I never reloaded a save or anything, and when I came back, the cutscene triggered and I finished the mission.

Hope this helps!
Message 3 of 105 (67,563 Views)

★★★ Newbie
In order for the mission to trigger I used a save from before I encountered the bug. I went to the area and stood in between the two pillars closest to the coast, a few inches away from the left pillar. It only triggered for me when I was in this exact location and only after Solas' related dialogue.

As I understand it, once you encounter the bug and the mission marker disappears, the mission can't be done. Perhaps this only applies if you leave the area then return. I attempted what worked with my more recent save and the mission did not trigger, which means I've lost about 3 hours' worth of quests, which I'm not happy about, but Solas is worth it.
Message 4 of 105 (67,531 Views)

★★ Novice

A little frustrating, given that I didn't see these solutions until I had already left the area.  Another downside is that it seems to prevent any progression in your friendship with Solas: I can only ask him about his adventures in the Fade, but now they've ran out.  Frustrating.

Message 5 of 105 (67,405 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where do I go the een find this quest I have talked with Solas and saw the first cutscene for it but now I can find the Quest marker for what I should do next

Message 6 of 105 (66,955 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i closed that rift too, but it still wouldn't start. however, it did start properly when i examined a corpse not far from the quest. maybe that's important?

Message 7 of 105 (66,940 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

oopsConfusedmileyembarrassed:

Message 8 of 105 (66,902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Closing the rift worked for me too.

Message 9 of 105 (66,757 Views)

★ Novice

Regardless, I closed all the rifts in the area, but it didn't worked. Still cannot interact with pillars.

Message 10 of 105 (66,339 Views)