[PC] Dragon Age: Inquisition - Crash to desktop on startup, no loading symbol.

by AWildFlygineer

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition - Crash to desktop on startup, no loading symbol.

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for going through this and coming up with the answer. I had a similar problem and it was fixed when I disabled the shields in Avast. works great now. 

Message 81 of 104 (5,504 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I tried to run the game, finally after reading all those topics I disabled avast and were able to play.

Today the game didn't start at all, even with Avast disabled:

https://hastebin.com/aboyakihop.tex

I have a Nvidia 760, never had a problem before..

Message 82 of 104 (5,412 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Sorry, however, there is no guarantee of any sort that merely choosing to run an AV with its features set as inactive is going to be fully effective.  If you do not wish to learn how to set up the appropriate exception settings for a particular AV program, then you should be using some other AV that you are willing to invest the time to learn how to use it properly. 

Message 83 of 104 (5,396 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I solved the problem deactivating the Antialiasing in game. This ended the problem once for all.

Message 84 of 104 (4,816 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I would kiss you if I could thank you very much it worked.

Message 85 of 104 (4,783 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@AWildFlygineer - I had almost the exact same issue as you. I don't know if this will help, but I was able to play my game again by temporarily disabling my antivirus, running the game in compatibility mode, then repairing it, restarting my computer, and running in windowed mode.

Message 86 of 104 (4,741 Views)

Re: [PC] Dragon Age: Inquisition - Crash to desktop on startup, no loading symbo

★ Novice

Hi) I'm new here and I never posted a thing on the EA forum, so sorry if I get some rules wrong ^^; 

I have a similar problem, though in quite a different way. My game opens, loads, but does so in a tiny window. It even manages to get to the main menu, music playing and all, but the very moment I try to click the window, to make it active, it crashes right away. Like, it manages to start if it's not currently active (for example - I need to click anywhere on desktop when the game window begins to pop, or it will crash instantly) and loads only then. But when I try to make it active, either by clicking on it or using alt+tab to switch between windows and select it, it just crashes. No message, no freeze, just simple crash to desktop. 

I'd like to tamper with options to try to solve it this way, maybe by setting the game to window mode, but... well, I CAN'T do it outside the game (as far as I know) and I can't do it in game either, because it crashes the moment I try to make the window active. 

Message 87 of 104 (4,303 Views)

Re: [PC] Dragon Age: Inquisition - Crash to desktop on startup, no loading symbo

@Ayremine

To start with, Thread on how to post info needed to help you....pay attention to the stuff in spoilers tag--click i...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 88 of 104 (4,287 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you so much! :D I haven't played since November and just had the game crashing and I was like Noooo whyyyyy.  But turns out Avast! was my problem, now it's running fine Standard smile

Message 89 of 104 (3,905 Views)

★ Novice

Hey guys. I wanted to do a individual post but I think this will do. 

I have been trying to get DA Inquisition to work for the last three days to a week. I have tried everything from uninstalling to updating drivers. Today I finally talk to a EA Tech support person. They honestly did not have the answer other than standard TS guids(TS Trouble Shooting) After getting anoid at the guid trying to find a setting I decided to look at the Windows Firewall. Which was the answer. 

What i had to do was allow some things through the firewall. Those those items were: 

origin.exe

OrignClientServes.exe

OriginThinSetupInternal.exe

I hope that is helps. 

Message 90 of 104 (3,599 Views)