Re: Optical output not working

by RandAlThor160

Original Post

Optical output not working

★★★ Novice

My sound will not work when I use my optical output to my speakers. If I use my wireless headset the sound works...

Message 1 of 3 (325 Views)

Platform you are on??

Is issue with Optical only with DAI?

Have you checked in game settings??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3 (310 Views)

★★★ Novice

its win 10 64. it is only the optical output that I know of the headset works and if I switch the default to hdmi sound it works to I haven't tested the other audio out ports.

The optical output works on all steam games and other computer apps like net flicks and Pandora. The only games that give me problems are DAI and Star Wars the old republic

The big oddity is that one out of 100 or so tries it will work for DAI. Star wars works more often than not.

It is not a loose cable or damaged one because If it were other programs would have the same issue and I can play music while DAI is not working.

Message 3 of 3 (301 Views)