No XP??

by vampgoth666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No XP??

★★ Novice

Ok, so I think this is probably a beaten issue, because I have seen a lot of threads similar to it. However I am going to ask again anyway and see if perhaps I can get an answer, since most of the posts are a year or two old. So I am currently level 27...been taking my sweet time with the game because I enjoy it and I am trying to 100% it. Last night before bed the game was working perfectly. I was getting xp for everything I did. Now today I am not getting any xp no matter what I do. Killing creatures, closing rifts, completing quests, reading books...nothing is giving me xp. I have reloaded three other save files seeing if that would fix the issue...and it isn't. I also have the Even Ground trial turned on...so every creature in the game is at my level, so there is no way that I am 3 levels higher than anything. Even if I was, the fact that books, quests and rifts aren't granting me xp is highly unusual. 

Again I want to point out...that before bed the game was working perfectly. PS4 was turned off, no power surges, no power outages, nothing of that sort. And I have Even Ground activated, therefore making every creature in the game my level or higher. Anyone else have this issue? Or perhaps a solution? I would hate to loose over 120 hours of gameplay....and if I do because it is indeed a corrupted file....then I will just be done with DAI....I've soaked too much money into this game just to see that it's broken....Hopefully this isn't the case...

Message 1 of 8 (3,371 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No XP??

★★★★★ Expert

Level 27 is the hard cap. There is no way to exceed it. 

You will not gain XP or level up past that point.  Nerd

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (3,689 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Level 27 is the hard cap. There is no way to exceed it. 

You will not gain XP or level up past that point.  Nerd

Message 2 of 8 (3,690 Views)

★★ Novice

Since when? According to some forums and what not they claim that there is no level cap? That just leveling past 20 was pointless because of how much of a grind it would become.

Message 3 of 8 (3,348 Views)

★ Novice

There is a leveling hard-cap. Deal with it. Somebody from Bioware in Twitter even said that they totally f*#@$ed up the code so removing this cap will be extremely difficult. Or they are lazy and dont want to draw more high-lvl armor and weapons.

Message 4 of 8 (3,340 Views)

★★ Novice

Absolutely no need to get an attitude. It was a simple question. Perhaps you shouldn't be on forums if you want to get ignorant with people.

Message 5 of 8 (3,337 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you Thandal for the response it is much appreciated Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (3,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@vampgoth666 wrote:

Since when? According to some forums and what not they claim that there is no level cap? That just leveling past 20 was pointless because of how much of a grind it would become.

The Level 27 hard cap has been in-place since the release of the Jaws of Hakkon DLC (was Level 20 before that.)

[EDIT:] Speculation as to what the cap is and why it exists has been all over the interwebz, (by people who are NOT in the know) but the fact remains that Level 27 is now the limit unless and until BioWare decides to do something about it.  (NOTE:  Perks top-out at 20.  Nothing anyone else can do about that either.)

Message 7 of 8 (3,320 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you are playing in dlc map and you don't have the map or (premium pass) you can access by premium party and you will not get xp your xp will come back wen you get dlc

Message 8 of 8 (3,277 Views)