New Nvidia Beta 347.09

by SlipperySoapy

Original Post

New Nvidia Beta 347.09

★★★ Novice

Nvidia Beta 347.09 Fixed the SLI-Flickering for me. (3x GTX 980) and seems like the colors are much better now. (ASUS Gsync-monitor)

Every setting on Ultra, Fade Touched and FXAA in NCP. (Disabled MSAA ingame).

I get acceptable FPS 100 min - 144max (144hz) everywhere except " The Hissing Wastes". GPU usage is only around 30%  in that area and the FPS drops/stutters and high CPU usage. 

Hope the patch is usefull for anyone with the same issues.

Message 1 of 12 (2,135 Views)

Re: New Nvidia Beta 347.09

Community Manager

Thanks for posting your experience with that Beta driver.

barry.png
Message 2 of 12 (2,094 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What about the white fog in dungeons?

Message 3 of 12 (2,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Flicker remains.

I think OP either forgot to reenable SLI after driver installation OR has not run into any areas where flicker occurs.

Nvidia 347.09 makes no alterations to dragon age inquisition profile.

Message 4 of 12 (1,993 Views)

★★ Apprentice

agreed with eqzitara , the driver made absolutely no changes for DA:I , still crashing to desktop from times to times and with all the direct x issues .

Again the change logs mention no changes made for DA:I , it is a driver for the upcoming release of MGS V .

Run a check up on the feedback thread of the driver as well , no report of how da:i issues are solved either

It will take a miracle for them to fix all the crashes and graphical issues.

Message 5 of 12 (1,970 Views)

★★ Pro

@eqzitara wrote:

Flicker remains.

I think OP either forgot to reenable SLI after driver installation OR has not run into any areas where flicker occurs.

Nvidia 347.09 makes no alterations to dragon age inquisition profile.

if you have 60hz monitor, try setting ingame refresh to 59.94 Hz

if on a higher resolution monitor try the xx.94 refresh, just below monitors native refresh.

for me, the flickering stopped completely. (using 344.65 drivers, and 344.75 drivers)

have not yet tried new beta.

Message 6 of 12 (1,921 Views)

★ Guide

Sad if these drivers do nothing for DA:I and SLI.

Who exactly needs to fix this? I imagine EA will say it is Nvidia's fault and vice versa, but the customers don't care whose fault it is, just fix it!

It's been a month and I still have to play this with a single GPU and at a lower resolution than my native.

Message 7 of 12 (1,896 Views)

★★ Pro

Ongoing investigation into high resource allocation/usage

this will explain what is wrong with the game

what needs to be fixed, and why even high end rigs still have issues or worse issues

after the patch.

Just read the very first post in the thread (by me)

Message 8 of 12 (1,882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Its common , they probably end up not fixing most of the crashes and glitches and continue to blame on each others for eternity .

It seems to me that , the problem lies primarily with the newer batch of nvidia cards and frostbite engine itself . Battlefield 4 didn't actually get 'fixed' afterall these 

time so I really doubt they would be to completely solve the problem this time .

Like i said, it will take a miracle for them to completely fix the issue .

Message 9 of 12 (1,878 Views)

★ Guide

I am not having high resource allocation issues. I am just having SLI flickering issues. Not entirely sure why you even posted that thread here.

Message 10 of 12 (1,874 Views)