Inquisition not launching

by SHINKAIRI

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Inquisition not launching

★ Novice

Hi guys. Just got myself Inquisition. Problem is, game isn't launching. Help please.

Message 1 of 5 (677 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Inquisition not launching

Hero

@SHINKAIRI We'll need more information in order to be of any help. Please see this sticky for an idea of what's useful to include (you didn't even let us know what system you're on).

If you are on PC, please include a dxdiag (instructions for generating and posting a dxdiag can be found in the spoilered section of the sticky linked above). If you are using AVG or Avast antivirus programs, please ensure you have added exceptions for the game, Origin and the game folder in My Documents > Bioware, these programs are known to have issues with the game recently, preventing it from launching.

Thanks Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (839 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@SHINKAIRI We'll need more information in order to be of any help. Please see this sticky for an idea of what's useful to include (you didn't even let us know what system you're on).

If you are on PC, please include a dxdiag (instructions for generating and posting a dxdiag can be found in the spoilered section of the sticky linked above). If you are using AVG or Avast antivirus programs, please ensure you have added exceptions for the game, Origin and the game folder in My Documents > Bioware, these programs are known to have issues with the game recently, preventing it from launching.

Thanks Standard smile

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

Message 2 of 5 (840 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey man. Thanks for the quick answer. Here is what you asked for.

https://hastebin.com/wadotubopa.tex

1* Using PC. Windows 10. GTX970m. Core i7. 8GB RAM. 250 SSD. Origin is installed on my D: drive though, which is an HDD.

2* I am using Avast. How do you add exception?

3* I am using DMZ on my router and so it cannot be a port forwarding or firewall issue.

4* Disabled Origin in-game.

5* All drivers are up to date.

6* Registry is clean and free of redundancies.

7* Nothing is running in the background.

8* I have a 64bit system but DxDiag wouldn't show the option "run for 64bit". Maybe that's important... idk...

Cheers !

Message 3 of 5 (643 Views)

Hero

@SHINKAIRI I have never used Avast, so I will defer to this post for instructions on adding an exception to it. Remember to add exceptions for the game, Origin and the game folder in My Documents > Bioware. You may need to redo this if there's an update to Origin or Avast (or the game, but that's unlikely to happen).

The 64 bit button in dxdiag might be missing because you're using windows 10, I'm not sure as I don't use it. Standard smile

Try adding the Avast exception, let us know how you go. Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (637 Views)

★ Novice

Adding exceptions on Avast worked. Thank you so much. All best.

Message 5 of 5 (627 Views)