Inquisition lagging after playing Origins and 2

by kcoleman208

Original Post

Inquisition lagging after playing Origins and 2

★ Novice

I enjoyed Inquisition so much I went and played origins and dragon age 2. Prior to this Inquisition had been running fine. After this I am experiencing long load times, music cutting in and out during load screens, battle slowing my game to a crawl, my character will randomly freeze, all on the lowest graphics setting possible. I tried optimizing using my radeon and graphics system and that didn't help much at all. Ran the clean up tool they recommend and it made the game playable again, but on super low graphics and screen resolution. I also changed Origin to not run in-game. Any ideas what might be going on?

Here's the dxdiag link: https://hastebin.com/ukoqeqediz.tex

Message 1 of 3 (180 Views)

Re: Inquisition lagging after playing Origins and 2

[ Edited ]
Hero

Your dxdiag lists Intel integrated graphics as primary display adapter. Normally AMD switches to the dedicated GPU, but it may be possible this isn't happening here.

Could you make sure power efficiency is set to off in the Radeon settings? I'm not sure if that will actually have an effect. The Nvidia control panel has an option to always use the dedicated GPU, but I can't find that in the AMD settings.

PowerEfficiency.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (163 Views)

Re: Inquisition lagging after playing Origins and 2

★ Novice

Went to that exact screen in the AMD settings and the power efficiency option isn't there. All of the rest are, except the frame rate target control.

Message 3 of 3 (154 Views)