Re: How to get up that first scary mountain

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

How to get up that first scary mountain

★★★ Newbie
Ok, so, I turned on the game, customized my character, started great but right after the first cutscene where the glowing lady reaches out to you, I got placed in front of this mountain thing with stairs in the middle of a snowy mountain range. I tried climbing straight up but I only got about half way up and could not for the life of me climb higher.

I thought maybe I was supposed to find a.toun in the mountains or something but the further away I got the angrier the in-game sky became and I hit invisible walls so, I started over because I couldnt go back and after customizing my character again I found I still couldn't climb up the stair looking thing.

I tried sprinting and jumping but that didn't work, I tried to fine another way to climb it and those didn't work. Real frustrated here guys. Help?
Message 1 of 5 (364 Views)

★★ Novice

Right after the cutscene with the glowing lady? That sounds like it might be a glitch... You're not supposed to be put on a playable map then. Nothing else happens? You don't wake up somewhere, talk with some characters?

Message 2 of 5 (355 Views)

It is a glitch, on PC it is often triggered by either a mod or by a command in origin launch of the game changing the 60fps limits on cutscenes.  On consoles, it is just a random glitch and no one really knows what triggers or fixes.  Many have gotten positive results by repairing the game install / verifying game install on consoles and PC, some have gotten past by just starting a new character and it will work, others have reported playing  different class works. 

First thing if none of these work for you is the for you to give us some details on what platform you are playing on, as it can make a huge difference in what is suggested.

If on PC then a DxDiag file may also be helpful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5 (351 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, you seem knowledgeable... Would you by any chance know the answer to my unrelated question about one of the romance subplots? I made a thread a little bit ago.

Message 4 of 5 (348 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Afluffykittycat;  Please don't hijack someone else's topic.  Instead, add to an existing one that deals with your issue, or start a new one.

Message 5 of 5 (336 Views)