How can I tell that DA:I has recieved the Patch? [PC]

by thehalfnhalf

Original Post

How can I tell that DA:I has recieved the Patch? [PC]

★ Guide

Hey there,

Woke up a bit late and had Origin already running. How can I be sure that the game updated/patched? 

Message 1 of 13 (714 Views)

Re: How can I tell that DA:I has recieved the Patch? [PC]

Community Manager

The patch hasn't deployed yet, and Origin should let you know when it's happened. Note that if you're signed up for Origin Beta it had its own update recently, but that's the client iself patching, not the game. 

I personally haven't gotten a hands-on with the patch yet, so I'm not sure if there's a more elgant way to check than comparing filesize, but once I have more information I'll update. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 13 (691 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am trying to figure this out too. I had to turn automatic updates off in Origin as it breaks my steam install of Dragon Age Origins if i turn it on (have the game on both).

I would like an answer too as I am trying to patch with 'check for updates', but i'm not getting a patch (and apparently it's out).

Message 3 of 13 (690 Views)

★★★ Novice

As David said above...the patch isn't out yet.

Message 4 of 13 (679 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm guessing the version of the executable for DA:I will be updated once it's done.

Not 100% sure but for now, I'd say go check in your installation folder for DA:I (I'm guessing something like "Program Files\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition" then Right click on the DragonAgeInquisition.exe and choose Properties.

There, click on the Details tab, and you should have an entry for the File Version.

Should be 1.0.0.0 for now. Will be changed, I'm guessing, once it's patched.

Message 5 of 13 (657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Approximately 2 hours left till the patch releases.

Message 6 of 13 (656 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks David! 

Message 7 of 13 (637 Views)

★★★★ Novice

thank you

Message 8 of 13 (551 Views)

Community Manager

The game version doesn't actually change, it stays at 1.0.0.0. However a file is created at C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update that's called "Patch". If this is present the game is patched up. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 13 (396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You can tell it's been patched if your performance in game suddenly tanks and everyone's hair suddenly looks extremely shiny. DO NOT patch. I hope I've caught you in time, DO NOT PATCH!

Message 10 of 13 (384 Views)