Hinterlands Mosaics "The Fall"

by XApproaches

Original Post

Hinterlands Mosaics "The Fall"

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

First of all, refer to this thread on your forums for the current fan discussion of this issue:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/523653-mosaic-pieces-in-hinterlands/

There are, according to many (including myself, I have scoured the Hinterlands) only 10 of the 12 supposed pieces of the mosaic "The Fall", to be completed (as the game suggests) within the Hinterlands.

Can anyone provide any proof whatsoever of having either 11/12 or 12/12? If not, this seems like it may be a bug or in need of patching.

Mod edit: This issue was fixed as of patch 6. All mosaics are now completable. If you are missing pieces, make sure your game has been fully patched.

Message 1 of 49 (24,561 Views)

Re: Hinterlands Mosaics "The Fall"

★★★★★ Novice

The thread on the bioware forum has been updated to included an 11th piece.

Hidden in a way that better be bugged bioware *glares* hehe

So that's 11/12 now. 

If anyone finds the 12th... there will be a lot of happy people.

Message 2 of 49 (23,717 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay the second patch has come out and what quests were exactly fixed?  The collection quests like the Fall mosaics are still one short, as are collectable seeds as are regions explorable in the exalted plains and we still have to worry about Dorian constantly screwing up missions by turning people into ghosts. So what was patched? Can I now just buy chests easier in multi player for real money. Yay. Nice EA.

Message 3 of 49 (22,970 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It on top of the tower in Grand Forest Villa in a tower that you can't go to the top but you can see the ladder at the top

Message 4 of 49 (22,737 Views)

★★ Novice

The tower in GFV is void of the mosaic tile i have been up there thanks to some funky jumping off the mountainside.

Only pictures I have seen of people getting all twelve is do to them using the CommandConsole, and altering/cheating to get the completion.

BIOWARE/EA please respond on this as to if there actually is a twelfth piece.

Message 5 of 49 (22,711 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't know if this may be the solution, but in the valley where you fight the dragon, at the docks where you can find the crafting materials, when you cross the bridge that your mages can repair, using the V search function there is a ladder going up onto the wooden platforms of what I would guess is a mining operation.

I found the ladder quite by accident, although I was trying to reach that area at the time. Unfortunately I never managed to get up there, so I have no idea if they simply used the climbable model because it was handy, or if it is meant to be accessible and I was just too dense to find the way up.

If anyone wants to try their hand at it and see if they have moar smartz, be my guest.

Nothing would please me more than to hear that something was indeed hidden there. Pics or it didn't happen tho. :D

Message 6 of 49 (22,671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Explored that area as well via some seriously wonky jumping via foot and mount and alas, no mosaic.

THis is why I am hoping to get a Dev/Mod to respond on this, all the sites I have checked out have only 11/12 found and no one has a clue as to the location of the final tile. It is making me wonder if the Grand Enchanter fed it to the Horrid Ravenous Beast With Razor Sharp Fangs.

Message 7 of 49 (22,655 Views)

★★★★ Novice

you can go around that mining area by making your way around the coast and up the mountain theres nothing up there.

Message 8 of 49 (22,521 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I got onto and explored the first platform the dragon lands on, behind and under it, went around to the burning scaffolding where the ladder is and nothing.  I also explored the backside of the third platform area where you kill the dragon and nothing.  Haven't tried to get on top of the second platform yet though.  It's great that the game lets you explore so much! I've always been that person who goes to the edge of a map just to see if anything is there.

*Take your horse to the stair step rocks on the entrance side of the first platform and you can jump to the platform.  From there to get to the scaffolding and behind in the grassy knoll, use your horse and jump off the stacked stones to the stair step rocks on the entrance side, once you get up to the top, you can walk around the back into the area with the scaffolding.  Your party shows up on both the platform and on the grassy areas and scaffolding, so you can save and explore at leisure.

Message 9 of 49 (22,314 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Marigoldilocks wrote:

I got onto and explored the first platform the dragon lands on, behind and under it, went around to the burning scaffolding where the ladder is and nothing.  I also explored the backside of the third platform area where you kill the dragon and nothing.  Haven't tried to get on top of the second platform yet though.  It's great that the game lets you explore so much! I've always been that person who goes to the edge of a map just to see if anything is there.

*Take your horse to the stair step rocks on the entrance side of the first platform and you can jump to the platform.  From there to get to the scaffolding and behind in the grassy knoll, use your horse and jump off the stacked stones to the stair step rocks on the entrance side, once you get up to the top, you can walk around the back into the area with the scaffolding.  Your party shows up on both the platform and on the grassy areas and scaffolding, so you can save and explore at leisure.

I tried that with the actual hotfix, but I didn't get onto the first nest Frown

Some other areas are also closed now ;(

Message 10 of 49 (21,055 Views)